Scion: Sorcerer sourcebook---ETA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion: Sorcerer sourcebook---ETA?

Just curious when this might be available, as I'm not sure I've seen it on the schedule yet. But I know me, and I could easily be wrong.

No such book has been announced outside of comments about what the writers would like to do down the line.

Furthermore, with regard to books that are announced, the answer to any “ETA” question is always always always going to be referring you to the weekly progress reports because OPP does not give ETAs, they instead tell you where it currently is in production on a weekly basis.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Yeah, the answer to "When is [Future Project] coming out?" with OPP is "When it's ready"

Because if you give a ballpark, people will complain each and every time you make a delay. And delays will happen. Even if you estimate conservatively, the only way to guarantee that you'll get your book out before your initial guess is if you tack on four years.

Sometimes even THEN-

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

When ever it comes out, a book for Scions, mortals, and others that practise magic sounds good. Since there are real world magic systems that are about becoming a god (either by awakening your inner spark of divinity or transforming your nature) mystic paths to godhood for non-Scion mortals should be in the book. Or at least it seems right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
          When ever it comes out, a book for Scions, mortals, and others that practise magic sounds good. Since there are real world magic systems that are about becoming a god (either by awakening your inner spark of divinity or transforming your nature) mystic paths to godhood for non-Scion mortals should be in the book. Or at least it seems right to me.
          Well the thing about 'Practicing Magic' for Scions is that for a lot of them, that's kinda covered by their Pantheon Motif or Motifs in general, and Marvels. This kinda ties into the usual reaction to if someone asks why 2e doesn't have 1e's Magic Purview.

The responses to that being things like "Everything that Scions do is Magic" and "What even IS magic anyway?"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Hmm. A book somewhere between Origin and Hero in size that has chapters about cults, more sample cults, sorcery\magic, maybe "technology of the gods"\weird science, saints, and other mortal based stuff would be pretty neat.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Right now, it would be "neat" to get Demigod and God out so we have a complete ruleset, before worrying about adding other full-sized supplements to the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
                Right now, it would be "neat" to get Demigod and God out so we have a complete ruleset, before worrying about adding other full-sized supplements to the line.
                Nah, from the releases coming up, it looks like supplements will be written between each major tier book release. We'll be getting the Companion, and most likely the Dragon and Mythos Book before we get Demigod. We'll probably get a few more books between Demigod and God.

And I don't mind that, as each tier is apparently going to feel different enough that I can spend a lot of time on each one without it being stale, especially if they have other supplements coming out.

Comment

I was thinking something was said about a World book at some point?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                  X