Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on a Boon

Hello,
    I'm not a native english speaker so maybe it's me but i can't understand the last sentance from the Sky Boon "Voice of Seven Thunders" Hero p.260:
    "If you are threatened, the Enhancement you receive is increased by one, maximum 3".
    I don't understand about which Enhancement it's talking about, the boon doesn't mention any Enhancement before that. I didn't find any rule about being threatened in this book or Origin.
    I feek like there's some missing element.
    Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot

Hm, that is an odd thing to write out. It may be artifact text. I think I hear that there may have been a now-cut action or Stunt you could use that gave you Enhancement in response to being threatened.

If I were to rewrite it, I'd probably have the Boon in question give Enhancement 3 to Intimidation social actions, in addition to being heard out really far.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I thank that might be something my Storyteller will find useful. It makes a lot more sense with your explanation for the cut-off action. Thanks a lot

Comment

Happy to help, hope you enjoy the game

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

It’s an old rule (still in Trinity) you use for taunting the target to attack you... but the general rule is for persuading the target to do some specific action. It used to be (or at least in in Trinity) in the Influence section of Intrigue (now page 79 on Origin).

Basically, you persuade the target to attack you and no one else, giving enhancements to the target to do an specific action (attacking you for example) and complication to any other action (attacking others).

This boom is used to increase this enhancement when you are the target... probably...
          Last edited by Mateus Luz; 01-20-2020, 10:13 PM.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.

Comment

Working...
          X