[2E] Are Conditions in Scion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Are Conditions in Scion?

On this, I know there are Conditions in Scion 2E. I only get the topic name from my previous topic on mechanics of gameline, comparing them to Merits.

The question I want to rise here is more precisely 'where are Conditions in Scion 2E'? I know there are general rules for them in Scion: Origin book, page 66, but I cannot mark where are exemplary Conditions for the gameline.

As old Chronicles of Darkness Storyteller I'm accustom to Appendix with whole Conditions lists - and in Scion I do not seem to have in both Origin and Hero books. Also, I read it correctly that Persistent Conditions are characters Flaws that generate Momentum in session gameplay? And Fields are similar to idea of Framing Scenes from Hurt Locker book of CoD?

If yes on Persistent Conditions, it's weird there is no Conditions section on the official char sheet for the game ...
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-24-2020, 12:58 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Well for one, injuries are a kind of condition, so take a note on that.

The very nature of Conditions means that the only 'designated space' that would be the right size would be 'The backside of the character sheet'. That's an unfortunate tendency with WW/OPP character sheets. They're never big enough. I recommend a pack of index cards, just in general.

See, the thing as to why there's no big list of Conditions is that it would suggest that there's a limit to them, while Conditions are basically any kind of Thing that a character is under.

Why isn't there a standardized list? Because if you make a "Blind: +3 difficulty to rolls that require sight", then players won't realize that there are degrees to the Conditions. So Blindness can be:
    • Sand In The Eyes: +1 Difficulty to attack rolls. Resolved by taking an action to flush the eyes with water or rub them.
    • Blinded by the Light: +3 to Difficulty to rolls that require sight. Resolved at the end of the scene, or through healing magic.
    • Eyes Dissolved: Any actions entirely dependent on sight are impossible. Resolved through divine healing magic.
    See, there's no "Standard" list of effects. There are some Conditions here and there, but word space was at a premium, so I understand why they didn't put an appendix in the book. If I get an idea I may make a Big List of Conditions.

As for Fields, they're like Conditions that apply to the entire scene. A shattering earthquake tearing the ground asunder, a thunderstorm unleashing rain and lightning upon the world, a biting sandstorm, those are examples of Field effects.

(Also, this seemed most relevant here, but you don't need to update your Hub Post every time you ask a question. If you use it for your collection of actual homebrew stuff, whatever, but "I had a question that got answered" is not worth adding to your Index Of Posts Made)

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      The very nature of Conditions means that the only 'designated space' that would be the right size would be 'The backside of the character sheet'. That's an unfortunate tendency with WW/OPP character sheets. They're never big enough. I recommend a pack of index cards, just in general.
      I think that you do not seen CoD sheets and how we limited Condition in those only to small frame for it, having reference in corebooks. I know this, as I designed most fan sheets for Ephemeral Entities, Dark Eras, WtF 2E, BtP 2E and many, many more - all to be seen on Mr. Gone site, as fan variants. Why not simple frame could be put on Scion sheets?

See, the thing as to why there's no big list of Conditions is that it would suggest that there's a limit to them, while Conditions are basically any kind of Thing that a character is under.
      Weird, in CoD books we have ready lists and still play that we can invent new ones, on fly. Strange...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

A list of conditions and associated mechanics could make for a nice project for the nexus.

The thing about having it in the core books is that personnaly, while i wouldnt have complained at seeing a list, there is nothing i wouldve cut from the current core books to feature a list of conditions instead.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son.

Comment

Indeed there is already a list of conditions for Trinity in the Nexus. I didn’t buy it yet, but probably going to work for Scion too.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Oooh, a potential project for the nexus could feature 2 sections.
            One for injury conditions and another for curses.
            The document could also not just list the conditions mechanically but talk about how injuries and curses are presented myths and legends.

Such a product would be a definite buy from me.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Weird, in CoD books we have ready lists and still play that we can invent new ones, on fly. Strange...
              See my face?

:|

That encompasses how little I care about anything CoD related. I don't want it anywhere near my Scion, thank you kindly.

Edit: Now again, a list of conditions wouldn't be a bad thing, but I can't think of anything in the books I'd cut to make room for them.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Edit: Now again, a list of conditions wouldn't be a bad thing, but I can't think of anything in the books I'd cut to make room for them.
                Oh Wordcount, she be a cruel mistress.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  That's because in CoD they often need to explain some of the more unique conditions, like when someone is acting under discreat or the incredibly stupid Abruption condition.
                  Scionwise condistions are a lot more simple.

Comment

double post

Comment

The Nexus Trinity Conditions is a solid product, I purchased it and I am very pleased. It can also be used for Scion.

It has Physical, Mental, Social and Injury Conditions.

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
                      Current Focus
                      Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
                      Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Graylion View Post
                        The Nexus Trinity Conditions is a solid product, I purchased it and I am very pleased. It can also be used for Scion.

It has Physical, Mental, Social and Injury Conditions.
                        Hi ! I'm trying to find this product, but my Google Fu has failed me. Do you have a link?

Edit: it's this one? https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...also_purchased
                        Last edited by BarbeChenue; 03-24-2020, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeChenue View Post
                          Hi ! I'm trying to find this product, but my Google Fu has failed me. Do you have a link?

Edit: it's this one? https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...also_purchased
                          Yes that is the correct one that I purchased.

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
                          Current Focus
                          Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
                          Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

Working...
                          X