[2E] Pantheon: The Bodiless Powers -- Archangels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    The Nexus has a rule against doing Christian-adjacent properties. Like it says 'No monotheistic pantheons' but they mean 'No Abrahamic Pantheons'

Edit: Also on the whole 'Different sets of Virtues' that's possible, but it'd probably be better to like... Instead of one BIG Pantheon that encompasses everything vaguely Abrahamic, see if you could at least make them related but slightly separate Pantheons? I know that at one time someone made an Abrahamic writeup that was a great deal more Jewish than Christian. (Warning: Incomplete and probably won't get updated but it has a lot of what you need)

So you can totally justify a Hebrew Angelic Host Pantheon, something with Islam (I don't know enough about Islam to even guess as the cosmology differences) and some things for Christianity
    this is something I keep wrestling with, and the point I get stuck on is how many other pantheons actually reflect significant religious diversity, United by shared mythic narratives. I mean just look at the Deva!

Thankfully in my case I think I’ve found a workable Virtue pair that are interpreted differently by the different Abrahamic religions but still overlap.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Thankfully in my case I think I’ve found a workable Virtue pair that are interpreted differently by the different Abrahamic religions but still overlap.
      Could you spell it and give us list of pairs - and why they work for all Great Three Abrahamic?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        I'd be more inclined to go for one Pantheon that's built on what the three main Abrahamic religions agree on, with sub-Pantheons (e.g., the Loa vs. the Orisha) that specialize in individual Abrahamic religions.
        Perhaps we could do something on the Canaanite and Arabian pantheons and the Abrahamic factions that took them over. Perhaps even deal with those that still resent the forced merger.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Could you spell it and give us list of pairs - and why they work for all Great Three Abrahamic?
          I’ll be posting a first section soon. Unfortunately it won’t be super useful for PCs for Hero-Demigod level play until Saints and Monsters comes out and we get higher power Saint rules. I will eventually have Nephilim rules in there too for forbidden-Scion play.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
          X