Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happening at Deicon (in The World of scion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happening at Deicon (in The World of scion)

The Hero book mention of the Deifans (p. 32) is something that I have found very entertaining and fascinating.

The idea of a very prolific and active community of fans of the gods writing their own stories, following intensely anything mythic related in the news is just great fodder for a scion game but also showcase well a facet of the integration of the mythical into everyday life.

This lead me to the thought that where there are Deifans, then there must be a Deicon as well.

So I'm wondering, what are the booths, conferences and contests one could find at “this year” Deicon ?

To start of with my own contribution.

Relic Hunters Booth:

Every year, one can find the booth of the Relic Hunting Academy (i need a better name).* They are a grouping of students and teachers of various universities in the world that focus on cataloguing, studying and following relics in The World.

At the booth one can purchase either the most recent copy of the Relic Hunting Magazine or subscribe to it. The magazine comes out every 4 months and provide lots of informations on relics currently in The World.*

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son.

I like to imagine vendor booths that have light-up toy versions of various well-known Scions' weapons and armor. Get your own replica Giantsbane today!

Comment

- Storytelling competitions in which Deifans recount the most recent Deeds of their favourite Scions in the style of traditional epics, poetry, song, or dance

- Expert panels: "Omens and How to Spot Them," "Dedication vs. Stalking: Being a Respectful Deifan," "Top Mistakes in This Year's God-themed Movies," "No Cold Iron: Providing Safe Environments for Denizens"

- Informational booths that are thinly-veiled recruitment stations for a variety of Cults

- "Spot the Shapeshifter," a Deicon-wide game in which one attendee is designated as this year's shapeshifter, and carries subtle tokens to reveal their nature (e.g., a foxtail design on some clothing). The shapeshifter wins the event by remaining undetected for the duration of the con. (Despite persistent rumours, the player is almost never an actual shapeshifter. Almost never.)

Comment

This is a really awesome thread.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by yukikaze View Post
          I like to imagine vendor booths that have light-up toy versions of various well-known Scions' weapons and armor. Get your own replica Giantsbane today!

It would be an amazing idea in a game to have a previously stolen real relic hidden amidst the replicas. XD
          Only for a very (lucky/unlucky) mortal to buy much more that what they expected.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son.

Comment

Oh there's got to be a costume contest.

And there's an unspoken rule to not ask if the person cosplaying as Lakshmi is actually her or just a REALLY good cosplay

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post

It would be an amazing idea in a game to have a previously stolen real relic hidden amidst the replicas. XD
              Only for a very (lucky/unlucky) mortal to buy much more that what they expected.
              Sounds like a way some gods would Choose a new Scion!

Comment

Deity super-bracket-fight where a panel of comedians determine the winners in "who would win in a fight between" contests until only one deity is left standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                  Deity super-bracket-fight where a panel of comedians determine the winners in "who would win in a fight between" contests until only one deity is left standing.
                  That right there seems like a fast track to a new Trojan War, so the Dodekatheon isn't included.

TTRPG sessions of Scion, being played in Scion!

Comment

The face of the costume contest judge when they are told that they are to give a golden apple to the winner.

D8

Comment

A Theoi-based teen drama with the actors making guest appearances at Deicon?

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                        A Theoi-based teen drama with the actors making guest appearances at Deicon?

Oh, actually every Deicon there could be a play performed by a theatre troupe. Things like re enacting creations myths and the likes.

I hadnt thought of that and its a very good idea, thank you.

Comment

You’re welcome 😊

Comment

Late night raves and dances attempting to please party Gods.

A rap battle hosted by the Tuatha

Charity drives for the Teotl, where people drop off sacrifices dear to them

Comment

Originally posted by ZipDrive View Post
                              Late night raves and dances attempting to please party Gods.

A rap battle hosted by the Tuatha

Charity drives for the Teotl, where people drop off sacrifices dear to them
                              EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MYTHOLOGY!

Comment

Working...
                              X