Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happening at Deicon (in The World of scion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s funny, my view of a Deicon is less ComicCon and more RifleCon.

Relic hunters would be more mercs (sweaty people venturing in dangerous dark dirty places) than deifans (people hoping to get treasures without risking their lives). They would offer guided visits to well known places and maybe some more expensive trips to less known places they had already been.
    People would not cosplay as gods or heroes (that is the kind of thing that got cities destroyed back then), but there would be some theater plays on the con telling the stories of myths (with proper respect to the gods).
    Fanfics would not be a thing (the real story is far more interesting), but the poetry/ rap/ music contests would be awesome.
    Heroes showing up and giving autographs, giving tips on how to get heroic muscles, showing some prizes (some of them as monster body parts), telling stories about how the Terra incognita adventures went, making tributes for the lost heroes.
    For sure there would be a some kiosks selling some low power relics with maybe one good relic behind a glass with a tag with too many digits.
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-31-2020, 08:41 PM.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Also the reality shows would be awesome:

Imagine one of those naked / primitive surviving reality shows, but with heroes In different Terra incognita.
      Or a show about the border control to the underworld where they check if the bags have anything that should not be in the other side (applies both ways) and arrest people that were carrying underworld food or their living belongings.

Comment

Hm with the above im imagining a kiosk with photographs of various vistas in terra incognitas (wait would that be the plural?)
        "And here we have the amazing view while i was climbing Yggdrasil on my way to Jotunheim."
        Last edited by Maitrecorbo; 07-31-2020, 07:32 PM.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son.

Comment

After some research, the plural should be Terræ Incognitæ
          Terra is the Female Nominative singular and the Incognitæ must follow it.
          Man, I love/hate Latin soooo much...

Comment

Super art fight where 2 Artistry scions actually make their art fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
              It’s funny, my view of a Deicon is less ComicCon and more RifleCon.

Relic hunters would be more mercs (sweaty people venturing in dangerous dark dirty places) than deifans (people hoping to get treasures without risking their lives). They would offer guided visits to well known places and maybe some more expensive trips to less known places they had already been.
              People would not cosplay as gods or heroes (that is the kind of thing that got cities destroyed back then), but there would be some theater plays on the con telling the stories of myths (with proper respect to the gods).
              Fanfics would not be a thing (the real story is far more interesting), but the poetry/ rap/ music contests would be awesome.
              Heroes showing up and giving autographs, giving tips on how to get heroic muscles, showing some prizes (some of them as monster body parts), telling stories about how the Terra incognita adventures went, making tributes for the lost heroes.
              For sure there would be a some kiosks selling some low power relics with maybe one good relic behind a glass with a tag with too many digits.
              My idea of Deicon is more like ComiCon, but yours is pretty cool too 😊.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Been thinking on the presence of Heroes in Deicon.
                While i think there is a fair bit of scion at the Origin presence (those that know of their divine heritage probably lead panels on their life experiences and such) i think that common wisdom is that there are few if any Hero tier scions at Deicon.
                While fatebinding isnt as harsh for Heroes i think its a bit dangerous to put yourself in close proximity to people who would be obsessed with getting fatebound.

That said, thats only common wisdom, in truth there is a surprising number of Heroes who attend incognito and the 'Con is a good opportunity to meet and connect with other Heroes.
                There is a pervasive rumor of Heroes only events and after parties that people are desperatly trying to find.

A Demigod officially attending is probably the event of the century.

While in my games Gods son't involve themselves directly in the World as their god tiered power (thats what scions are for after all), it wouldnt be surprinsing for some gods to have a mortal tier incarnate going there to have fun.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son.

Comment

I don't think fate binding is a thing people talk about, even heroes may have little knowledge of how it works. Some if not most of the players (including myself) have a vague idea of how the game rules work, imagine the rules of Fate in world...

Demigods sure are not going to be around, but I think the Heroes are famous enough to have fans and frequent inviting to Deicons. On Hero level, Legend brings fame, and Fame on modern world means be on the TV/Internet all the time, even against their own will. So, probably showing up on a Con is not as out of contest as it may sound.
                  Last edited by Mateus Luz; 08-02-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mateus Luz;n1405953]I don't think fate binding is a thing people talk about, even heroes may have little knowledge of how it works. ....]

Oh definitely, i used the term fatebinding as a shortcut.
                    While mortal may not understand the existence of fatebinding, they do have enough pattern recognition to see that mortals , in certain not understood circumstances, ... enter the Legend of Heroes.
                    And there would definitely be a subset of Deifans who wants that for them.

But yeah, i always struggle to understand mechanics and their in-universe perception.

Comment

Yeah, while Fatebinding as a mechanical term probably doesn't exist in the game, I wager that in-universe people are able to recognize that sometimes when a Hero is around, mortals can get caught up in their bullshit.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                        Yeah, while Fatebinding as a mechanical term probably doesn't exist in the game, I wager that in-universe people are able to recognize that sometimes when a Hero is around, mortals can get caught up in their bullshit.
                        That makes sense.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Het Kyman201, it doesn't even require BS. Consider the real world term "Jonah." It reflects an idea that some power...the will of a deity... remorseless fate...scary levels of bad luck... whatever, will cause those around a hero with a dark fate or dangerous destiny to get caught in the undertow.

If I am a Hero and my dark fate is to be the sole survivor of seven shipwrecks, and futher I am cursed with an overwhelming compulsion to travel the sea, plus a curse that if I don't travel the sea all those people, creatures, or things I love will whither and fade. I'll be miserable and everyone would do well to avoid me. If humanly possible.
                          Last edited by Astromancer; 08-02-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

"Hi this is Irene, manager of Herowatch PNW chapter, I'm here at the thirty-fifth annual DeiCon in New York! So first we're going to hit the Artist Alley to see if I can find any art of some of my Up And Comers list. We'll be taking stock of costumes, of course, hit the dealer's hall and see if we can find any good stuff, and there'll even be a panel later about What to do if you find yourself caught up in a Hero's Shenanigans featuring, well, yours truly! We got three days, a fanny pack full of snacks, and a belt of water bottles, LET'S DO THIS!"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

The fanfic panels must be wild...

Comment

Originally posted by yukikaze View Post
                                The fanfic panels must be wild...

Following a unique, yet still infamous, incident at the 2013 Deicon, all fanfic panels now include a designated "omen watcher" to alert participants if their stories have crossed a line.

Comment

Working...
                                X