Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happening at Deicon (in The World of scion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Double post.]

Comment

Originally posted by yukikaze View Post
      The fanfic panels must be wild...
      They also might be banned after the first Deicon where fanfic writers inadvertently caused fatebindings on/with gods, and the gods called in their lawyers to shut that right down.

Comment

Various booths offer teaching actual sorcery.

On the Scholomance brochure.

Welcome to Scholomance!!!
        Where you can :
        - learn the intricacies of Magic
        - cast deadly curses on your enemies
        - learn the actual fireball spell you always wanted to cast
        - and maybe even, get chosen by the Devil as an apprentice !!! Wow

Don't hesitate and apply now.
        Ultimate power is just at your fingertip

*Warning, the safety of your soul is not guaranteed*
        Last edited by Maitrecorbo; 08-03-2020, 07:19 PM.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

This is such a cool thread. I hope if I ever play Scion my ST uses some of these ideas.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
            Oh there's got to be a costume contest.

And there's an unspoken rule to not ask if the person cosplaying as Lakshmi is actually her or just a REALLY good cosplay
            If Dolly Parton is anything to go by, it'll be a normal cosplayer that wins the costume contest and the real Lakshmi would come in last. I'm not certain if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              This is such a cool thread. I hope if I ever play Scion my ST uses some of these ideas.

I'm starting a game this wednesday - 3 scions of Zeus recently out of their hiding places all in a Seattle college, and I'm excited for them to go on a trip to Deicon in California soon, because of this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                - learn the actual fireball spell you always wanted to cast
                Don't think I didn't see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipDrive View Post

I'm starting a game this wednesday - 3 scions of Zeus recently out of their hiding places all in a Seattle college, and I'm excited for them to go on a trip to Deicon in California soon, because of this thread!
                  That’s awesome! Maybe have Deicon being held in Beverly Hills.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Or San Diego so you can have SDDC instead of SDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffrey View Post

Following a unique, yet still infamous, incident at the 2013 Deicon, all fanfic panels now include a designated "omen watcher" to alert participants if their stories have crossed a line.

Unfortunately, much of the time, said omen watcher is a Cassandra, so frequently a Scion is asked to see if the omen watcher seems to be saying nothing but pounding her head into the wall and groaning.

Comment

Due to recent incidents in the last three Deicons, known Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann are banned from the premises from this point forward. While the board of Deicon is happy to include members from all cultures across the world, the fact that we have seen a number of outright killings on the show floor due to rampant escalation due to slights against the individual's enech, and scholarly consensus that the nature of Heroism for the Túatha Dé Danann necessitates acts of extreme a-social violence in order to establish supremacy over others, the board has decided that for the safety of all participants Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann are unwelcome.

While in the first year of these stricter attendance rules the board opted to ban weapons on the premises, with exceptions to weapons that could not be detached from the body or weapons with cultural significance, the use of a bent booth leg to attack another Scion who claimed to be the greatest swordsman in the world after an escalation of threats proved that this more limited ban was unsuccessful. Last year's limitation of banning any Scion of the Túatha Dé Danann who was a member of a warrior band, had received training in one of the warrior schools, or had an established public persona as a warrior as semi-successful until an attendee desiccated Exhibition Hall C when they were mocked for their choice of profession of 'cupbearer' resulting in three hundred hospitalizations and ninety deaths.

With these issues in mind, Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann cannot be guaranteed to behave in ways becoming or in ways that would guarantee the safety of other attendees. To ensure there will not be retaliation against Deicon for this decision as itself may be seen as a breech of enech for Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann who have publicly announced intention to attend, we will be employing Echti ingen Míl, a cáinte educated by Fintan mac Brocha who will dissuade any attempts to harass attendees. We request that attendees do not bring up the topic of satire or poetry near Echti to avoid a similar escalation.
                        Last edited by Watcher; 08-05-2020, 12:13 AM.

Scion 2e Homebrew Projects:
                        The Šiuneš, The Enduri, The Sgā’na Qeda’s, The Abosom, Lebor Óe In Dea, The Zemi, Nemetondevos: Revised, and Mysteries of the Otherworld.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post
                          Due to recent incidents in the last three Deicons, known Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann are banned from the premises from this point forward. While the board of Deicon is happy to include members from all cultures across the world, the fact that we have seen a number of outright killings on the show floor due to rampant escalation due to slights against the individual's enech, and scholarly consensus that the nature of Heroism for the Túatha Dé Danann necessitates acts of extreme a-social violence in order to establish supremacy over others, the board has decided that for the safety of all participants Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann are unwelcome.

While in the first year of these stricter attendance rules the board opted to ban weapons on the premises, with exceptions to weapons that could not be detached from the body or weapons with cultural significance, the use of a bent booth leg to attack another Scion who claimed to be the greatest swordsman in the world after an escalation of threats proved that this more limited ban was unsuccessful. Last year's limitation of banning any Scion of the Túatha Dé Danann who was a member of a warrior band, had received training in one of the warrior schools, or had an established public persona as a warrior as semi-successful until an attendee desiccated Exhibition Hall C when they were mocked for their choice of profession of 'cupbearer' resulting in three hundred hospitalizations and ninety deaths.

With these issues in mind, Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann cannot be guaranteed to behave in ways becoming or in ways that would guarantee the safety of other attendees. To ensure there will not be retaliation against Deicon for this decision as itself may be seen as a breech of enech for Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann who have publicly announced intention to attend, we will be employing Echti ingen Míl, a cáinte educated by Fintan mac Brocha who will dissuade any attempts to harass attendees. We request that attendees do not bring up the topic of satire or poetry near Echti to avoid a similar escalation.
                          I love it!!!

Was it a Theoi Scion who made fun of the Tuatha cupbearer?

Comment

Takes note to never ask a cupbearer if they've seen Adams Sandler Waterboy.
                            I like all my limbs to keep being attached to me and my capacity to drink water unchanged. XD

Takes separate notes to fearure an angry cupbearer in a scion game.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Deicons afterparty is a wild affair with the one last year being described as "positively dyonesian".

There's a rumor that this years afterparty will have a scion of Xochipili as the DJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffrey View Post
                                - Informational booths that are thinly-veiled recruitment stations for a variety of Cults
                                - Informational booths that aren't even pretending, but because the cults are also legit deifan clubs, the con allows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X