Modified Deeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Deeds

So working with my players as always can be interesting. To balance out some of the people that would write down 80 short term deeds they wish to do or so, a touch of a hyperbole, I decided to switch things up for deeds but keep it in line with the epic nature of Scion.
    Part of this is my players don’t know the story and where it might go. I will use some input from deeds to help my players influence the direction they would like to see the story go to a good degree.
    The meat of it. Instead of having them choose 1 - 3 reasonable short term deeds per session I give 1xp for playing each session as well as I will give them lines of experience. Simpler to an old marvel RPG my players now have to make a one line explanation of the deeds they have done during the session.
    I still listen to them talk out of game allowing their ideas to mold the direction or add in interesting twists but now for short term deeds they are instead writing the epic of their story after they have accomplished worthy deeds.
    I still use long term deeds as character driven ideas and goals and they often set a band deed when the large enemy presents themselves. So far it’s worked really well. Most often I will hand out 1 line of XP for every hour of solid game play where they remain focused and accomplish worthy things or 1 line for two to three hours if we keep getting side tracked with out of game talk.

I mean the rules say that you can only have 3 Open Short Term Deeds at once, and that usually you add one per session, so yeah

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Ah, I missed that. Thank ya.

Comment

Happy to help!

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X