Thoughts on Mythical Denizens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Mythical Denizens?

So the latest Scion product is out, and I haven't seen any discussion on the Forums about it. Like the title says - anyone have thoughts on what was originally called the "Scion Bestiary"?

I’m a tad disappointed it’s a collection of npcs, and that isn’t totally fair on my part because that is incredibly useful - is just wish that had been made clear it was what they were doing so I wouldn’t have expected something else. I think the “Saints and Monsters” book is the one that will deliver the big book of Denizen Paths I was hoping for.

I haven’t had a chance to read through the various characters in Denizens of the World, but I look forward to doing so later this week.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 02-24-2020, 04:16 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      I’m a tad disappointed it’s a collection of nova
      What is nova in Scion context?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Nova = powered character in Trinity RPGs. Basically a super.
        I was expecting more of a collection of useful races and creatures to use in a campaign, more like the "Bestiary" they originally titled it. The npcs are okay, but there's more background than I would ever need for each one, and they are not as useful as, say, info on Baobhan-sith or Satyrs or Wyverns or Valkyries would be. It isn't bad, but I'm glad it was free.

Comment

It was an autocorrect from npcs

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            I’m a tad disappointed it’s a collection of npcs, [...] is just wish that had been made clear it was what they were doing so I wouldn’t have expected something else.
            Exactly my thought and that of my GM. He was expecting a lot more on how to build things and not some npcs that probably won't be of any use for his game. Actually, we really enjoy the setting and the pantheon write up, but every product of this line have been a disappointement for us.

Comment

My copy came in the mail yesterday, and while I've only had a chance to skim it so far, it looks pretty cool. The layout and art is very pretty, and the characters look interesting. They've given me a few new ideas in some areas. Looking forward to reading it in depth.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
              X