Asking for help with understanding a couple of rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for help with understanding a couple of rules

I posted this on the Onyx Path Reddit and haven't gotten any answers in a few days so I thought I would try here.
    • Do characters with stamina 3 + get extra bruised beyond what is on the character sheet or do characters only start with a certain amount of each (I can't find the exact starting amounts, just the general statement on page 98 under the Health Section).
    • How do contacts get created? Do you choose contacts based on your Paths and then you can use those when you invoke your path or do you create the contacts on the fly? If created during the session does the contact get created at 2 dots to use, then that contact keeps those dots until end of session, then if that path is invoked again you can get another 2 dots to spend on that contact or another contact under that path? I am just not quite sure how this is supposed to work in practice.

Thanks.

Health: You have one Bruised, one Injured, one Maimed, and one Taken Out injury condition level to start with. Higher Stamina adds to those.

I'm not as familiar with Paths in Scion. So I won't speak to the second bullet point with out some more reading.

Comment

The design intention with Path Contacts is that yes, they get their dots assigned when the Contact is Invoked and those two tags endure through the session. Once the session ends, the dots vanish so that when Invoked on another Session, you can reassign them.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
        The design intention with Path Contacts is that yes, they get their dots assigned when the Contact is Invoked and those two tags endure through the session. Once the session ends, the dots vanish so that when Invoked on another Session, you can reassign them.
        So if I am understanding what you are saying, the player would create a contact for each path, but modify it with the tags once invoked during the session. The contacts themselves would persist from session to session but not their tags or ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by phorden View Post

So if I am understanding what you are saying, the player would create a contact for each path, but modify it with the tags once invoked during the session. The contacts themselves would persist from session to session but not their tags or ratings.
          You can run it like that. And if you keep hitting up Frank at thr library for similar things, you'll probably settle on the same tags when you hit him up.

Of course sometimes you may need to ask them for something else, giving them different tags, or may get in touch with someone else still associated with the Path.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X