Glycon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycon

I assume most of you have heard of the strange snake-puppet god? How would you interpret him for Scion? I assume he's probably a minor Theoi, but he's just such an oddball that I'd love to hear your thoughts on him.

That’s a interesting god. Personally I would make him a trickster instead of a Healing god, just because all the back story.

I would start it as a Denizen snake that was part of a minor fertility cult. When it reached Hero it started talking and convinced a guy that he was a true god, even making some good use of the trickster powers to that. By the time it become the center of a minor cult, it was time to reach Demigod status, working local and amplifying its powers, but it wanted more. It convinces Alexander to make a big “Return of Asclepius” party, and with the legend the event created, Glycon become a Demigod, I dead being reborn as a Demigod during the event. After that they (Glycon and Alexander) went after a higher position, with a bigger cult growing until reaching Rome and the Caesar, what turned him into a true god, but for the wrong reasons.

So:
    Callings: Trickster, Liminal and Lover
    Purviews: Beasts (snakes), Deception and Fertility.
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 02-29-2020, 08:53 AM.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Working...
    X