No announcement yet.

Help with combat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much for this step-by-step! I've used it in order to understand the relevant rules chapter.

If I understand correctly: you can't purchase the Critical stunt if you haven't "Cause[d] Damage" first? It says : "Deal an *additional Injury Condition* to your target." "The four-point Critical Hit Stunt allows you to inflict an *additional Condition*."

Am I correct in assuming you can't crit someone you haven't damaged first? This applies to targets with very high soft armor...

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeChenue View Post
      Am I correct in assuming you can't crit someone you haven't damaged first? This applies to targets with very high soft armor...
      You are absolutely correct. I had this idea too a while ago, but I was corrected.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Can Specialties apply to Defense rolls? I had a player ask me this because he had a "Dodging" specialty in Athletics and wondered if he could use it as an enhancement bonus to Defense rolls. I lean towards yes, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
          Can Specialties apply to Defense rolls? I had a player ask me this because he had a "Dodging" specialty in Athletics and wondered if he could use it as an enhancement bonus to Defense rolls. I lean towards yes, personally.
          I would say no, because Defense roll is not a Skill test, and Specialities apply to Skill test only. Also, Defense rolls have a smaller dicepool, resulting in a failure more often and so a lot of momentum more often.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Working...
          X