Question about Metamorphosis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Metamorphosis

So I've looked elsewhere for an answer to this question and only found other people asking it and not really getting an answer. The transfigure boon for the Theoi PSP states that creatures with 1+ legend revert back to their regular form instantly revert to their true form. I don't think the intent is to say that this only works on mortals though, or it just would have said so. The problem is the duration for the effect is instant, but I figure that's just the duration to "cast the boon", not the duration of the boon itself. I figure house ruling where it lasts a scene or imbuing legend, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts or errata I don't know about???

It lasts while you have the legend imbued. If you are using it as a miracle, a scene is a good duration, as I see.

it can be used against Legend 1+, but they can just come back to normal when they want. It’s good to turn that big guy in something smaller that can be carried around just so he can comeback to normal just in time for the fight for example.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Well, for non legendary characters it doesn't matter, because the game makes it clear that mortals gain the "transformed condition" and it just be cured magically. No imbuing or anything. The cost even says spending 1 legend, not imbuing. You're prolly right about the legend +1 though. I was thinking there had to be some way to use it offensively, but there isn't really any myths where Zeus defeats Typhon by turning him into a squirrel, and that wouldn't really fit into the tone of the game anyway

Comment

True. I had to read it again and it sounds wrong.

“At the end of this Boon, Scions and other characters with Legend 1+ instantly revert to their true form.” Would mean they return when the effect is over.

I would make using against legend target requiring imbuing legend, and lasting for as long the legend is imbued, same for temporary effect in mortal. For a longer period effect in Mortals I would require spending legend, but the duration would be condition, and for trivial targets it would be free.
        Last edited by Mateus Luz; 03-11-2020, 12:15 AM.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Thanks so much. I love this game, but I feel like a lot of things in the book aren't explained as well as they could be.

Comment

Working...
          X