Some Question About Fatebindings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Question About Fatebindings

Fatebindings say that they have to be from the PCs to a storyguide character of lesser tier. This just raised a few questions amongst my group:

Why? Why can't I fatebind a rival scion as my Rival?

How do you know which followers/guides count as lesser tier? Is my 5 dot wolf pack followers a Tier 0 follower but someone else's 4 dot Aes Sidhe follower Tier 1? Guides may be a more clear example: a mortal can be Tier 0 obviously, but Lugh Lamhfada is Tier 4. This came up regarding fatebindings, but also things like Apocalyptic Presence, etc.

The rival scion has their own fate and legend. You can't easily entangle your fate with theirs. If you were a Demi-God, that would be different. You'd have a lot more power to throw around.

For Antagonists, the easiest rule of thumb is to look at the Archetype of the antagonist. If you're Hero tier, then a Foe would be lower tier, a Rival or Nemesis would be same tier, and Titanspawn would be same or higher.

Followers will always be lower Tier than the character they are following. If a Guide has a Legendary Title, then they would at least be Hero tier. They could be higher depending on the guide.

Comment

When dealing with a character of same tier you can creat a bound, but not a fatebound.

Fatebinding is related to your impact the reality have on character legend, and so other characters of same legend or higher are as “Not-real” as you are, and so have no fatebound.

The difference of a Mortal Tier and Hero Tier is minimum, but enough to some effects affect your wolfs but not the Sidhe. And not all followers are from lesser tier. You can have a follower same tier as you, usually it costs a lot for a single follower, while the same dots could buy a little army of lower tier.

When going to Demigod the difference is a bit higher, as Demigod have higher access to scale and better target number for targets.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Granted, Guide Tiers are a bit less important. Since Guides, mechanically, don't need stats. The benefits you get from a Guide are things they're teaching YOU how to do. If you use a unique Knack you acquired through a Guide, the Knack's effective tier is based off of you, not off your Guide.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X