How to build pc level Npcs correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build pc level Npcs correctly

I'm working on a Supplement for Scion and am trying to figure how to build npc's. Does anyone have an idea of how much XP your supposed to have per dot of legend or a rough ballpark of how many extra dots to give a legend 2 or 3 scion. Any help would be nice.

I'd suggest reading the Antagonists chapter in Origin again. Build your NPCs with that framework. There is no need to fully stat out an NPC.

Comment

Yeah, echoing Florin. A decently built antagonist isn't really weaker than a PC, just a lot simpler

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Ive read that chapter. The thing I'm trying to figure out is pc scale. Like how much xp does a legend 4 scion have to buy things like followers or relics.

Comment

That's going to vary a lot from game to game. Honestly, I'd look more to things like actual Scale. A Legend 4 Scion can pull off Scale 3 actions. So, that's something the NPC should be able to handle. Followers and relics are probably going to pale to that.
          Last edited by Florin; 04-01-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Like ideally you shouldn't be statting an NPC with a full PC writeup.

"How much Doodads should they have?" - How many do they need? How many is too much that it becomes a pain.

"What should their Relics do?" - What they need to. If a PC scavenges the Relic then maybe stat it up really quickly.

"What Boons should they have?" - Which ones do you need them to know?

Also things to ask yourself: Will this NPC even need stats? Like, if a Guide is being used, I generally don't stat them up. Because when will they need to roll dice? Almost never, that's when. They talk to the PC and give them advice.

If it's an antagonist, just use the antagonist rules. Antagonists don't need as many notes about their stats as PCs do, because NPCs are usually created with a few uses in mind.

Even antagonist Scions don't need full PC writeups. Like, if you need your PCs to run into a combat-focused Scion, pick the Rival or Nemesis Archetype, add the relevant Flairs or Qualities to represent their tricks, maybe give them a Relic that gives them access to a Purview or some Enhancement. Boom, done.
            Last edited by Kyman201; 04-01-2020, 05:03 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

ok let me rephrase the question. I need help building pre gen characters at above legend 1 and would like a rough idea for how much xp per legend

Comment

What sounds like a reasonable number of sessions per band deed? Personally, I'd say 10-15, if I was using my Aeon game (which does not have anything like Legend in it) as a guide. (That seems to be about how long a single story/quest line has lasted.) The average is about 5 xp per game. So, I'd say about 50 xp per legend.
                Last edited by Florin; 04-03-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Oooh, pregen characters. In my experience one can accumulate like 40-50 xp between each Legend Dot, yeah.

Comment

ok 40-50 was close to my guys of about 35. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X