This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mastering" Purviews in 2nd Edition?

Something that's been bothering me since I got my hands on second edition, is how inherent purviews are handled. To start with, all Scions have 1 free purview that they can wield without the aid of any special relics or birthrights. But any other purviews need some kind of item or servant to help channel them.

Unless that purview has been "mastered" if I understand correctly.

So it seems like there is a way to obtain more than one inherent purview over the course of the game. But I have not personally been able to find details at the time of writing this.

So I was hoping somebody else around here might be able to clarify it for me, seeing as how the Gods (to the best of my knowledge) don't need to rely on special artifacts and outside help to wield all the purviews at their disposal.

In 1E, you have access to no purviews, only Epic Attributes, so it’s basically the same thing, but on 2e you can also gain the purview from Guides, that are not there to use.

I guess Demigods (or only Gods) can Master it and gain access to purviews with no birthright.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I figure that 'Mastering' a Purview will happen at higher tiers.

Also, I roll my eyes at people who go "But if I need special items to fully use my powers they're not really mine"

Yeah, Thor still needed special equipment to handle Mjolnir. Gods with Sweet Bling doesn't diminish their power.

... Also, Nyrufa? Is that you? I mean with a name like NewNyrufa it seems a bit obvious but-

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Also, I roll my eyes at people who go "But if I need special items to fully use my powers they're not really mine"

... Also, Nyrufa? Is that you? I mean with a name like NewNyrufa it seems a bit obvious but-
        1 - Well, I was asking because I'm curious. Thor is just one example, there are plenty of gods who have multiple inherent purviews, and I wasn't sure if I was missing something or not.

2- Yes, it's obviously me. My banning was completely unjustified, but I choose not to raise a huge fuss over it. I'm just going to stay away from the off topic forums from now on and focus on the role playing stuff.

EDIT - Yeah, that's not how it works.
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-07-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I've since re-banned Nyrufa via their sock account. I have some sympathy for banned users wanting to come back to a group but they should contact the Administrators about it.

Socks are not allowed.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
          X