No announcement yet.

[Companion] Theocentrism & Evidance Dials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One idea I’ve had would be to have one dial be iron, but everything else be gold. Like for example Iron Theocentrism but everything else gold? Well then with gold Titanomachy the Asuras are invading in full force, but do not fear as the Deva’s avatars and Scions are here in their myriad forms to fight and protect the World. With gold genre action is everywhere, Scions will be fighting Asuras all the time who seek to conquer all, with gold Evidence everyone is fully aware of the gods and their Scions are granted tons of leeway and gratitude and also plenty of space to use their Astras without fear

Comment

I've never been tempted to alter the basic "all myths are true" of Theocentrism, but my first series was set in Hong Kong, and was effectively Iron Theocentric for the Shen. Theoretically, all the other pantheons existed, but they never made an appearance.

Comment

Oh yeah, even if I focused on one Pantheon on-screen at the time, the implication will be that the other Pantheons in most of my games exist, we're just not focusing on them right now.

Like, there's a difference between "How many Pantheons exist total" and "How many Pantheons are going to be the focus"

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Though in practice, that's not much of a difference. Something like Scion: Ragnarok isn't going to change much between the Aesir being the only Pantheon that exists vs. the Aesir being the only Pantheon that matters. And in my view, that's what you get when you turn the Theocentrism down to Iron.

Comment

I kind of want to experiment with Theocentrism at a medium level and Evidence at mid to high, for some sort of weird alternate history fantasy thing. Say, for example, something where the Theoi and the Shen are the two dominant Pantheons, and most of Eurasia has been split for a millennia between Alexander's empire and the Han dynasty (or successor states), with perhaps a few others as outliers. Or an alternate northeastern North America split between followers of the Manitou and an Aesir Vineland that never went away. Though this is more likely to just be a creative thought exercise rather than something I'd actually run.

I also want to figure out how to do something akin to Percy Jackson, but with all or most of the Pantheons.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
              I also want to figure out how to do something akin to Percy Jackson, but with all or most of the Pantheons.
              Never watched or read the Jackson books itself - but from the blurbs and some online reviews, I assume my Gods in Hidden Hack ( i.e. Iron or Heroic Theocentrism and Evidence ) using idea of Mythical Mists should be solution. I was pointed that something like Mists are thing in Jackson series. Hack makes number of Pantheons in play irrelevant, as Mists are covering everything mythical - so you do not have all the 'we cannot have more Gods in this situation or it will be absurd'. Or, at least, dissonance is MUCH lower.
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-18-2020, 08:29 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Percy Jackson universe has all the pantheons, but their interaction is limited by the Mist in a certain way. The gods know about and probably can interact with other pantheons, but each pantheon have its own rules to manifest (the Theoi have avatars And god forms that kill on sight, while Netjer occupy the body of people to manifest in the world, having hosts and not kids).

I would say it’s Heroic in most aspects, maybe with iron evidence and a flexible Titanomachia (the titans are acting against Theoi, and Apophis is moving against Ra, and the Ragnarok is on the way, but on different level for each pantheon). On the books it’s described that mortals can’t see the true form of mythical stuff, but the demigods cant too, and the monster and relics may appear mundane even to them (the only non god that can see everything is the Oracle).

Another thing is, different Mantles are like multiple personalities that manifest according to the presence around them. When Greeks and roman demigods are around the gods get weird, not knowing how to manifest properly, for example, at same time, Zeus had a daughter and Jupiter had a son with the same woman, what makes everything a bit more crazy...
                Last edited by Mateus Luz; 08-18-2020, 08:51 AM.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Great discussion from Professor Phobos about 'Masquerade' in Werewolf: the Forsaken, but it can easily be translated to Scion World. Idea of Sub-Dials is already part of Mysteries of the World.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                  X