Netflix Ragnarok TV series as Scion chronicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix Ragnarok TV series as Scion chronicle

Netflix Ragnarok TV series is a story about two brothers coming back in their high school years to their hometown in Norwegian mountains. They do not know that town is ruled by the Giants – and they are reincarnations of the Aesir Gods themselves.

Series is playing very much as Scion: Origin tier story, where everything start very mortal like. However, unlike the standard Scion setting, Gods and Giants are ‘in hiding’, covered by some kind of mystical mists.

This series is everything I would do with Scion game on my own! ❤️

Official trailer
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-05-2020, 01:10 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

My character types based on half season:

Magne - Scion of Thor
    Laurits - Scion of Loki

Man on the Wheelchair - Odin
    Weird shopkeeper - Frigg?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-05-2020, 03:52 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

At Season 1, characters are clearly preVisitation Scions in the Origin level of game.

Something I'm not sure about watch the series and Scion rules - If all characters as Origin level, should Mangne be able to make over world records in strength, running and hammer throwing? Or is it more Hero level in the game?

LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Honestly, I got more "incarnated Gods who don't fully realize who they are yet" rather than scions. Shopkeeprer is definitely Frigg, man in wheelchair is Odin.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
          Honestly, I got more "incarnated Gods who don't fully realize who they are yet" rather than scions.
          Isn't what whole Incarnate Scions types are in the game world, in the end?

Originally posted by Scion: Hero 2E, p.19
          INCARNATE
          Scions who are Incarnate are, perhaps, the oddest of the lot. The Gods frequently create mortal avatars, aspects of themselves that wander the World — recreating myths, experiencing life, and enjoying the various experiences of humanity. It’s these Incarnations that sire Scions. However, when a God’s mantle is sundered from their physical form, or a God is killed, any Incarnations they have left in the World are cast asunder…but not forgotten. These Incarnations become full-fledged Scions, awakening to their true identity but bereft of patronage or power from their dead over-selves.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-06-2020, 03:51 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Isn't what whole Incarnate Scions types are in the game world, in the end?
            As far as I know, yes it exactly like an incarnate scion.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              At Season 1, characters are clearly preVisitation Scions in the Origin level of game.

Something I'm not sure about watch the series and Scion rules - If all characters as Origin level, should Mangne be able to make over world records in strength, running and hammer throwing? Or is it more Hero level in the game?
              He basically crushes the world records according to his own measurements, which to me indicates he has Epic Strength. As far as I remember this is an innate gift he has and not tied to a magical object which would mean he is already at Hero levels if we were to map it to Scion rules, since as far as I know the only way to gain a purview in Origin is to have a relic.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

He basically crushes the world records according to his own measurements, which to me indicates he has Epic Strength. As far as I remember this is an innate gift he has and not tied to a magical object which would mean he is already at Hero levels if we were to map it to Scion rules, since as far as I know the only way to gain a purview in Origin is to have a relic.
                Even if you have a Relic at Origin you can't have any powers from Purviews.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Even if you have a Relic at Origin you can't have any powers from Purviews.
                  Oh, I see. So no Purviews what so ever for Origin characters? That's a bummer.

Comment

Nothing stops you from having a relic that gives enhancements on feat of strength at origin.
                    With enough enhancements (its too early for me to try and do the exact math :P ) you could have the equivalent of scale 1 or even scale 2 which would be well within the conceptual range of super- strength.
                    Last edited by Maitrecorbo; 07-08-2020, 08:37 AM.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                      Nothing stops you from having a relic that gives enhancements on feat of strength at origin.
                      With enough enhancements (its too early for me to try and do the exact math :P ) you could have the equivalent of scale 1 or even scale 2 which would be well within the conceptual range of super- strength.
                      A Relic Weightlifter Belt that gives +2 Enhancement on Lifting Things would allow for some decent hefting, and I believe would only be a 2-dot Relic. I think that if you give it +4 Enhancement to Lifting, that'd cap out the Specific Enhancement of the Relic and it would make you really hecking strong.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Working...
                      X