No Gods, No Masters speculations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Gods, No Masters speculations

Ok, so this Monday Meeting blog update focused on They Came From Beyond the Grave, Realms of Pugmire and the pathcast. Entirely fair, valid and entertaining. The sample art was nea5 and I was pleasantly surprised a Scion piece in there (3 dryads[?] taking a selfie of the Titanmachy book, iirc). But when I got to the Big List of Projectstm , I got a surprise.

A new Scion title was listed. "No Gods, No Masters". It is in the earliest of their listed phases, and the general public has been told nothing but it's name. Which can be subject to change. So we know nothing. But lets have a go at what could be inside the book.

The title impiles that Gods (and other Divine [4th] tier people) are less relevant to something in there. This brings to mind a few things immediately.
    • The Seekers of the World want to separate Gods from humanity.
    • Sorcerers do their best to not be indebted too much to any one entity.
    • Scions without patrons would be interesting to play.
    Obviously some of these are more likely than others. What are your thoughts and feelings on the book? What ideas do you have about it's contents? What at do you hope to get from it?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

It's about the Keepers of the World and other Antagonists. Neall told us in the Scion Discord.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      It's about the Keepers of the World and other Antagonists. Neall told us in the Scion Discord.
      What are Keepers of the World? Where are they even mentioned in Origin or Hero books?
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-01-2020, 06:46 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

What are Keepers of the World? Where are they even mentioned in Origin or Hero books?
        They are a group of antagonistic gods from 1st edition (in Scion: God); they wanted to separate the mortal world from the Overworld.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Falleneco is right. They are present in 1e. But were vastlt changed in 2e.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Falleneco is right. They are present in 1e. But were vastlt changed in 2e.
            How were they changed in 2e?

Comment

I suppose we'll find out when No Gods, No Masters comes out.

I'm pretty sure the core idea will remain the same: a collection of Gods who think that the World would be better off without the Gods. In effect, they're working to make the World atheistic. “No gods, no masters” is likely their motto.

If I had to guess, I'd say that their 2e version differs in its roster and in its tactics: on the former, 2e has more Pantheons than 1e did, with more being added; and even the ones that carries over got revised. So changes in who are Keepers and/or why they are are inevitable. On the latter, I won't be surprised if there are cults that serve the Keepers of the World in a supreme irony: yes, it's a bit hypocritical, but it's justified by the Keepers and their cults as using the existing system to tear down the existing system. As well, the cosmology of the setting has changed since 1e: it's no longer a simple, clean “Overworld/World/Underworld” divide, and at least one Pantheon resides in the World. So it's not as simple as severing all of the links between the World and the Overworld, as it was in 1e.

Comment

Is the division between the World and the Overworld in Scion similar to the split between the mortal world and the Umbra in WoD?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

How were they changed in 2e?
                  They have different members and they might have different motivation according to the previewa we had.

Comment

Is the division between the World and the Overworld in Scion similar to the split between the mortal world and the Umbra in WoD?
                    A little bit. But the Overworld can be acessed without magic

Comment

To enter the Túatha Dé Overworld all you need is a shovel and a death wish.

Scion 2e Homebrew Projects:
                      The Šiuneš, The Enduri, The Sgā’na Qeda’s, The Abosom, Lebor Óe In Dea, The Zemi, Nemetondevos: Revised, and Mysteries of the Otherworld.

Comment

Watcher really? That sounds more like the Underworld. Unless you’re kidding...

Comment

Watcher really? That sounds more like the Underworld. Unless you’re kidding...
                          Nope. The Tuatha, according to legend, moved into the hills of Ireland and are living beneath them to this day. Technically, just digging through the hills would allow you to find them, and they would be quite hostile to a mortal attempting this.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                          Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Yeah, the Túatha Dé live beneath the hills of Ireland as Unnatural says. This does show why the 'Overworld' and 'Underworld' names are deceptive. The Irish 'Underworld' is just an island you can visit IRL, and their 'Overworld' is just beneath the ground.

Scion 2e Homebrew Projects:
                            The Šiuneš, The Enduri, The Sgā’na Qeda’s, The Abosom, Lebor Óe In Dea, The Zemi, Nemetondevos: Revised, and Mysteries of the Otherworld.

Comment

Hence the word “aos sidhe” (people of the mounds), “bean sidhe” (woman of the mounds) the root of banshee, etc etc.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                              X