This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion x WtA: Totem Spirit Pantheon

This is just something I've been cooking with some friends for a few weeks now. It's probably not as accurate as it could be, but I wanted to portray the major Totem spirits from Werewolf: the Apocalypse as if they were Gods in Scion. There's two ways for them to be utilized:

1. As a complete pantheon, with the Fera and the Garou especially as their followers and a Fera-focused Pantheon Purview
    2. As supplemental Gods for the other pantheons they share territory with (Pegasus with the Theoi, Owl with the Netjer, etc.)
    3. As a combination of the two.

I've gone with option 3 by default, having the Totems serve as a full pantheon but with each pantheon purview of the land they live in. I haven't created a specific purview as of yet, but I'll try when I have the time. For the mean time, this is what I have thus far:

Virtues: Man vs. Wolf (Man represents the human element, the innovator, the part of the Garou that communicates with reason and measure. However, it is also within Man's nature to tame, corrupt and exploit what he can for his own gain. Wolf represents the spiritual element, the wild thing, the part which embraces nature's chaos and feels the subtle flows of the spirit world. However, it is also the part which destroys things, whether for sustenance, renown or for no reason at all.

Asset Skills: Close Combat, Survival

Pegasus, Totem of the Black Furies
    • Callings: Guardian, Judge, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (4): Beasts (Horses), Journeys, Metamorphosis, Sky
    Rat, Totem of the Bone Gnawers and the Ratkin
    • Callings: Lover, Trickster, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (5): Beasts (Rat, Insects), Death, Deception, Epic Stamina, War
    Unicorn, Totem of the Children of Gaia
    • Callings: Healer, Lover, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (7): Beasts (Horses), Epic Dexterity, Health, Journeys, Order, Passion (Serenity), Wild
    Stag, Totem of the Fianna
    • Callings: Creator, Hunter, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (6): Artistry (Singing), Beasts (Deer), Fertility, Fortune, Geasa, Wild
    Fenris, Totem of the Get
    • Callings: Judge, Warrior, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (5): Beasts (Wolves), Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, War, Wyrd
    Cockroach, Totem of the Glass Walkers
    • Callings: Creator, Sage, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (6): Beasts (Cockroaches, Spiders), Epic Dexterity, Forge, Order, Prosperity, Sky
    Griffin, Totem of the Red Talons
    • Callings: Hunter, Liminal, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (4): Beasts (Raptors, Wolves), Chaos, Passion (Rage, Fear), Wild
    Grandfather Thunder, Totem of the Shadow Lords
    • Callings: Judge, Leader, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (7): Beasts (Crows), Darkness, Deception, Order, Passion (Fear), Prosperity, Sky
    Owl, Totem of the Silent Striders
    • Callings: Liminal, Trickster, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (5): Beasts (Owls), Death, Heku, Journeys, Stars
    Falcon, Totem of the Silver Fangs
    • Callings: Leader, Lover, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (5): Beasts (Falcons), Moon, Order, Passion (Courage), Prosperity
    Chimera, Totem of the Stargazers
    • Callings: Liminal, Sage, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (7): Chaos, Deception, Epic Dexterity, Fortune, Journeys, Stars, Yoga
    Uktena, the Older Brother
    • Callings: Guardian, Sage, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (7): Beasts (Serpents), Darkness, Deception, Dodaem, Earth, Fortune, Water
    Wendigo, the Younger Brother
    • Callings: Hunter, Warrior, Therianthrope
    • Purviews (7): Death, Dodaem, Fire, Frost, Passion (Hunger, Rage), Sky, Water
    Titans: The Fera recognize 3 Titans as pertaining to them. Depending on the type of Fera or their Tribe, they either support, tolerate or despise any one of these three:
    • The Wyld, the spirit of creation and chaos, is currently the weakest of the Triat due to the predations of the other two members. The Black Furies and Red Talons praise this Titan the most. Purview: Chaos. Virtues: Fecundity, Rapacity.
    • The Weaver, the spirit of order and form. She is said to have been the first to go mad in her grief over countless destroyed creations, and has tried to imprison the Wyrm to prevent further death. She is revered by the Glass Walkers, which is regarded by some as blasphemous. Purview: Order. Virtues: Submission, Dominance.
    • The Wyrm, the spirit of destruction and corruption. He fell into madness after enduring imprisonment from the Weaver for an unknown amount of time. While none of the official Tribes view him in any high regard, his Titan cult, the Black Spiral Dancers, revere him to no end. Purview: Death. Virtues: Dominance, Rapacity.
    Primordial: Luna
    Callings: Hunter, Liminal, Trickster
    Purviews: Beasts, Chaos, Metamorphosis, Moon

The "official" Primordial of the Fera, Luna, the Spirit of the Moon, has waxed and waned in power over time, much like the moon does in it's phases. At times, she has been beholden to the Triat, and others, she reigns supreme over them. However, regardless of where the tides may be, it is unquestioned that she is more powerful than any of the Totems of the Fera, thus, she remains in this position.
    Last edited by Critian Caceorte; 07-26-2020, 03:33 AM.

I love this. but I think the primordial should be gaia, not luna.

and do you mind if I write some titanspawn. you know, the spirit minions of the triat, as well as the incarna of the wyrm and weaver? and other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by evtrax View Post
      I love this. but I think the primordial should be gaia, not luna.

and do you mind if I write some titanspawn. you know, the spirit minions of the triat, as well as the incarna of the wyrm and weaver? and other stuff.
      I can see why Gaia would be considered, I just wasn't sure if she was already a Primordial for the Theoi. I might add her as an "optional" variant for ST's.

As for the titanspawn, sure! I was planning to write up Whipoorwill myself since I forgot about it in my initial write-up.

Comment

This is great!

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

I was big into this in first ed Scion, I had the Celestial Incarna Pantheon and the Tribal Totem Pantheon. Good Onya!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
            I can see why Gaia would be considered, I just wasn't sure if she was already a Primordial for the Theoi. I might add her as an "optional" variant for ST's.

As for the titanspawn, sure! I was planning to write up Whipoorwill myself since I forgot about it in my initial write-up.
            alright. banes and other wyrm minions will come soon. as will weaver minions. wyld spirits will not be considered titanspawn because the garou don't consider the wyld a threat.

Comment

sorry to double post so soon, but I just figured a work around for gaia, if you don't make her optional.

I am pretty sure that yama, god of the underworld, is a member of four different pantheons. if one god can be in four pantheons at once, I am pretty sure a primordial can be in two. also, Fenris is a part of the asier. admittedly as a titan (I think), but he is a part of the norse gods.

alright, I will wait a few hours (or more) then make an overview post on the fallen breeds (the wyrm corrupted fera).

Comment

By popular demand, here is Gaia depicted as a Primordial Goddess:
                Callings: Creator, Healer, Hunter
                Purviews: Beasts, Earth, Fertility, Water, Wild

Here's Whippoorwill depicted as a "God" for the Black Spiral Dancers:
                Whippoorwill, Totem of the Black Spiral
                • Callings: Hunter, Trickster, Therianthrope
                • Purviews (6): Beasts (Birds), Death, Deception, Epic Stamina, Fire, Health
                And here is a facet of him as a titanspawn:
                Facet of Whippoorwill
                Archetype: Titanspawn
                Drive: To promote its own self-importance
                Qualities: Incorporeality, Vulnerability (Silver), Flight, Baleful Touch
                Flairs: Illusions, Sorcery (Beasts (Birds))
                Primary Pool (13): Flying, Spinning Lies
                Secondary Pool (11): Singing, Stealth
                Desperation Pool (7)
                Health: 8
                Defense: 3
                Initiative: 10

Comment

ok, I am working on the wyrm overview, but my contributions are gonna be pure fluff.

Comment

I like the idea of Gaia and Luna both being Primordials.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

You could weave in the Mages and Changelings. Make the founders of each of the Sidhe Houses a God, but not all of the Faerie Gods. The Oracles of Mage could have achieved demigod status and be on the way to being full gods, or simply say the Oracles are Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                        You could weave in the Mages and Changelings. Make the founders of each of the Sidhe Houses a God, but not all of the Faerie Gods. The Oracles of Mage could have achieved demigod status and be on the way to being full gods, or simply say the Oracles are Gods.
                        I'm also working on an Antediluvian Pantheon right now. Changelings are possible, though heavily Celtic so they might as well just be parts of the Tuatha. Mages... I mean... you could? My issue with doing the Oracles is the same issue I had when I had the random idea to make a Proxy pantheon from Trinity Continuum: There is just not a ton of info available to really draw from. What callings could I use for so-and-so when at most they have like a paragraph of background? The Totem spirits at least have their Tribes to draw inspiration for their Purviews, that's how I came up with most of them.

Comment

My 1st ed game was set in the World of Darkness, it was so fun. But the Rules were so bad in 1st ed, and it unravels real quick outside of hero.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I don't really feel like going through all of the W:tA fetishes, but the least I can do is add the Klaives, there's a conspicuous hole without them:

Klaive (****)
                            Purview: War
                            Motif: Blessed Silver dipped and stained in Honor
                            +2se to convince target to engage in a (lethal) duel, +1se to attack with Klaive
                            Weapon Tags: Lethal, Melee, Thrown (0), Versatile, Piercing (2), Aggravated (2)
                            Flaws: Must imbue a Dot of Legend to function (5)

Grand Klaive (*****)
                            Purview: War, ANY
                            Motif: Blessed Silver meant for the Greatest of Champions
                            +2se to attack with Grand Klaive, +1se to demonstrate honor
                            Weapon Tags: Lethal, Melee, Two-Handed, Unconcealable, Aggravated (2), Piercing (2), Versatile (2)
                            Flaws: Must imbue a Dot of Legend to function (5), Reduce one tag’s numerical at the end of a scene in which the virtue [Wolf] was not fulfilled, full functionality restored once [Wolf] is fulfilled. (3)

The reason I added the Dot imbuement as a flaw was to serve as a parallel for the loss of Gnosis when you wield a klaive in W:tA. Felt that it was the most relevant option.

Comment

Quick Question for everyone: For the next thing in this Pantheon, should I focus on other Birthright stuff, or in-depth God descriptions and incarnations?
                              Last edited by Critian Caceorte; 07-24-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X