Scion Demigod Kickstarter to Launch in September

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion Demigod Kickstarter to Launch in September

According to the Monday Meeting Notes, it looks like the next OPP Kickstarter will be Scion: Demigod, to launch in the first week of September.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Yaaaaaaaaay

Comment

Hype for the Tengri and Atua pantheons!

Comment

I would only shorten this topic title to 'Scion Demigod Kickstarter' as forum experience points it will become main Kickstarter topic, later on. And when the campaign will be in progress, it will looks a bit weird as 'Scion Demigod Kickstarter to Launch in September' to spam notifications of participants, all the time in September itself.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Do we know what Pantheons will be introduced in the Demigod book?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            Anunnaki (Mesopotamia), Apu (Inka Empire), Atua (Polynesia), Bogovi (Slavs), and Tengri (Mongols). I think that's all. Did I forget anyone? I hope not.

Comment

Annunaki (Mesopotamian), Apu (Inca), Atua (Polynesian), Bogovi (Slavic), Tengri (Mongolian)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

While i'm also super hype for the new pantheons, i'm especially excited to see the ways Demigod will differ from Hero (and Origin).
                Whats been teased so far about Labors as well as the collateral pool makes me very impatient to learn more.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                  While i'm also super hype for the new pantheons, i'm especially excited to see the ways Demigod will differ from Hero (and Origin).
                  Whats been teased so far about Labors as well as the collateral pool makes me very impatient to learn more.

For those of us less in the know, what's been teased about Labors and the collateral pool?

Comment

Hm, Labor might not be the term used. Its just the way i keep remembering it because of Hercules Labors.
                    Essentially at Demigod you have a path toward apotheosis consisting of ? challenges.
                    It was also statted that you can fail at the path toward godhood with Cu Cullainn and Maui used as examples of Demigods that didnt reach apotheosis.
                    But all we have are very vague lines so i'm very curious on how this will be implemented.

The collateral pool is a similar concept to the one used in Trinity i think (i never read Trinity continuum so i can't be sure on that). But essentially powers can go out of control and have unintended consequences (building suddenly catching fire and so on).

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

I thought the Welsh pantheon was also mentioned as being in it [ I could be wrong]

Comment

I'm curious in how they'll define the state change from Hero to Demigod: what do you do to become a Demigod, and what changes take place when you do? If there's more to becoming a Demigod than just raising your Legend, are there Heroes with Legend in the Demigod range? That sort of thing.

Comment

Other fun things is it sounds like you effectively grant bonuses to things fitting your titles when you're around. Fires burn hotter and start more easily around a demigod of Fire, for example.

In the KS manuscript for TC: Aberrant, the collateral pool was a pool which built up as bigger, more destructive powers are used. Things like Mega-Strength and Quantum Blast would fill the pool, and when it gets to a certain size, it's rolled with more successes causing more collateral damage. Buildings can be damaged, innocents threatened, etc.

I also think Neall compared the arc of demigod to something like Promethean with milestones needed to be hit in order to reach apotheosis.

Comment

Originally posted by ardenty View Post
                            I thought the Welsh pantheon was also mentioned as being in it [ I could be wrong]
                            Alas, no. The Welsh Pantheon hasn't been confirmed in any future release that i'm aware of.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

I would only shorten this topic title to 'Scion Demigod Kickstarter' as forum experience points it will become main Kickstarter topic, later on. And when the campaign will be in progress, it will looks a bit weird as 'Scion Demigod Kickstarter to Launch in September' to spam notifications of participants, all the time in September itself.
                              It's an important piece of news for fans of Scion.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                              X