No announcement yet.

Scion Homebrew - Mysteries of the Otherworld: Expansion II for the Túatha Dé

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion Homebrew - Mysteries of the Otherworld: Expansion II for the Túatha Dé

Hello everyone!

I hope you are still enjoying Mysteries of the World: Scion Companion (and I hope you have enjoyed my alternative version of the Nemetondevos)! Just as I said last week, I wasn't actually finished posting Homebrew using the new material found in the book. So! Here is Mysteries of the Otherworld, an expanded collection of rules and systems for the Túatha Dé Danann, as well as potentially other Pantheon, using the new systems.

This was actually one of my favorite projects that I have gotten the chance to work on, purely because I absolutely love the new Specalized Purview mechanics with a tiny tweak from me because, I mean, I can't help myself from tweaking the game. But! Within it you can find rules to continue to expand your Scion of the Túatha Dé's weird niche talents, giving them the same strange relationships with humanity as the Túatha Dé themselves, and finding ways to bring about their greatest war magics to your aid in your strive to be the Best and Greatest of whatever profession you have taken for yourself. In Mysteries of the Otherworld you can find:
    • New Cult systems, including an alternative for the Light and Shadow system, since the Túatha Dé Danann have borderline no ability to be subtle as Shadow suggests, but is happy to indulge in endemic violence in a way that Light normally can't accommodate. You can also find seven new Cult Tags to help you represent the unique sorts of Cults the Pantheon of Ireland brings to play, Professional Organizations, Foster-Families, and Warrior Bands which are three alternative Foundings for Cults.
    • Tweaked Covenant mechanics, allowing you Scion to play as a Professional Master, guiding mortal members of the profession through your overwhelming skill and dictating traditions, or for Soverignty Goddesses who take mortal rulers as their partners, exerting control and influencing the mortal world through them.
    • Eight new Specalized Purviews, each with a unique Innate, and 3 - 4 Boons. These include:
      • Corpses (Death): For the Corpse-Kings and Eye-Eaters and all your needs to be like The Badb herself. Build ramparts of corpses and leave countless dead at the hands of your Band to send a message.
      • Cupbearing (Water): For those who want to wield the same power as the nine cupbearers of Nuadu, bringing a deadly thirst on enemies, and force valuable targets to leave their bastions to pick them off.
      • Debility (Health): Wield the dire war-magics of the Túatha Dé, inflicting the pain of childbirth or menstruation on rival armies and rip the strength from an enemy's muscles.
      • Frenzy (Chaos): Scream to the sky with Nemain and leave the world around you a confused mess of violence, force people to take violent actions, and drive your enemies and allies into senseless rages.
      • Raiding (War): Take what you want from your enemies, enriching yourself through martial exploits, placing your enemies under tithes to strip them of their wealth even as they earn it, and lead your allies in lightning quick raids while preventing even the loudest thunderer from giving your ambush away.
      • Ríge (Order): Walk in the footsteps of Conare Mór and bring overwhelming peace and natural beauty to your lands, forcing even the natural world to bend against your supreme kingship, and force even the most violent outbreak into negotiation.
      • Shame (Artistry, Passion): For the most dire satirists and fíli, Scions who wield the grim powers of satire against their enemies to cause explosions of boils that kill and strip even the greatest king of their authority through ridicule.
      • Soverignty (Fertility, Order): For the Soverignty figures who reward good kingship with abundance and take on the form of horrific cannibalistic hags when wronged.
    As ever, if you have any questions and comments, feel free to shout here or in the Scion fan Discord. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves with the new books and are excited to see what is coming next for Scion.

Scion 2e Homebrew Projects:
    The Šiuneš, The Enduri, The Sgā’na Qeda’s, The Abosom, Lebor Óe In Dea, The Zemi, Nemetondevos: Revised, and Mysteries of the Otherworld.

Watcher,you are clearly not even in the general vicinity of fucking around.

jokes aside,thank you.

Comment

I see something made by Watcher, I go get it. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipDrive View Post
        I see something made by Watcher, I go get it. Simple as that.

I've learned that same lesson very quickly. Honestly, Onyx Path needs to be paying this guy.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
        - H.L. Mencken

Comment

You are surprisingly and wonderfully prolific with your passion projects in your area of expertise! You practically have pumped out your own gameline's worth of content, most admirable!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Thanks very much to all of you! Your compliments are incredibly appreciated. I love doing this sort of stuff and teaching however I can, so I am elated that it is all being enjoyed.

The Šiuneš, The Enduri, The Sgā’na Qeda’s, The Abosom, Lebor Óe In Dea, The Zemi, Nemetondevos: Revised, and Mysteries of the Otherworld.

Comment

Just so you know, I think you are doing an amazing job of it Watcher.
              Thank you.

Perhaps consider the next one "Pay What You Want". This is the 3rd one I feel guilty about picking up for free.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Honestly, I agree. You clearly put in a considerable amount of time and effort and the quality deserves SOME compensation. I went back to look to see if I could give you money!

Comment

Oh, I am exceptionally flattered that people want to pay for the materials! My normal goal is to just make it free so as many people can access it as possible since all I really want is to share my passion and help teach people about Celtic peoples. I think the next project I do, probably the Demigod expansion based on my vague judgement on what will be put out next, might go up Pay What You Want or maybe just a coffee tip link or something since some COVID related departmental budget cuts have run deep, but until then, I hope you just enjoy everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post
                    Oh, I am exceptionally flattered that people want to pay for the materials! My normal goal is to just make it free so as many people can access it as possible since all I really want is to share my passion and help teach people about Celtic peoples. I think the next project I do, probably the Demigod expansion based on my vague judgement on what will be put out next, might go up Pay What You Want or maybe just a coffee tip link or something since some COVID related departmental budget cuts have run deep, but until then, I hope you just enjoy everything!
                    Enjoy being flattered. It was fairly earned.

Comment

You’re an amazing writer. I’m gonna read this in more detail over the weekend.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                      X