No announcement yet.

Weapon and Armor tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit confused on the Epic Strength front.
    So if I have a player character with a par of relic iron gloves, that grants her Epic Strength, she can lift a car (Innate Power: +1 Scale for lifting, breaking or carrying large objects, but not punching normal sized people).

If she picks up a car, Scale 1, would she get the +2 enhancement to close combat if she swiped someone with it (and the option to deal an additional "Inflict Damage" stunt, Scion: origin p. 122)?
    But she wouldn't get the enhancement if she just slapped the same guy with her glowed hand.

And if she has the "Heavy Lifter" knack, she would get the bonus if she throws the car at someone.

But if she insted had a relic hammer, that granted her epic strength, she wouldn't get any scale bonus when striking someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle View Post
      I'm a bit confused on the Epic Strength front.
      So if I have a player character with a par of relic iron gloves, that grants her Epic Strength, she can lift a car (Innate Power: +1 Scale for lifting, breaking or carrying large objects, but not punching normal sized people).

If she picks up a car, Scale 1, would she get the +2 enhancement to close combat if she swiped someone with it (and the option to deal an additional "Inflict Damage" stunt, Scion: origin p. 122)?
      But she wouldn't get the enhancement if she just slapped the same guy with her glowed hand.

And if she has the "Heavy Lifter" knack, she would get the bonus if she throws the car at someone.

But if she insted had a relic hammer, that granted her epic strength, she wouldn't get any scale bonus when striking someone?

My interpretation is that being strong isn't the same as being good at fighting. The worlds strongest man isn't the world's greatest boxer. So you have scale in anything that is a raw contest of strength (pushing, pulling, lifting), not any kind of fight.

Just because you can lift a thing, doesn't make it easy to swipe someone with (imagine hitting someone with a bulky, heavy suitcase): I wouldn't grant enhancement for close combat fighting using a car as a weapon.

I guess conceivably, you have scale for dropping something on someone (holding up the portcullis and letting it fall on them), or keeping them squashed underneath/behind something: it would be up to you to fight cleverly to get your enemies in the position that you could exploit your strength against them.

I would add hard armour and weapon tags to the gloves to reflect the fact that they will do more damage than bare fists.

Comment

I think you are right. None of the other epic attributes have the "you get +1 scale in this type of combat" Innate Power either.

Comment

Working...
        X