replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I think it's meant to say Frigg. I reported it in errata

Yeah, I kinda figured.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post
    Finally got my copy! Reading through now.

So far, a big WTF in Jord's writeup. Thor claims he's the son of Sif and Odin? Would that be the same Sif to whom he is MARRIED?

I think it's meant to say Frigg. I reported it in errata

Leave a comment:

• unnatural1
    replied
    Finally got my copy! Reading through now.

So far, a big WTF in Jord's writeup. Thor claims he's the son of Sif and Odin? Would that be the same Sif to whom he is MARRIED?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post

I really don't see a problem with this. The World is an alternate mythology in the same way it is an alternate history.

That is emphatically not the premise this game is sold on.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Yeah, that is something that seems like a pretty big miss. Not hard to fix, but still annoying.

That being said, I absolutely love the dark grey Titans. Jord and Surtur are my early favorites, though Nazumu the Angry Kaiju Mama Catfish is a close third.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by ShadowBlossoms View Post

What page is it on? Because if the Developer of the Book says Character Creation isn't in the book...
    P.74 Playing Titan Scions
    "A Titan Scion is mechanically identical to a Hero, save that she must have a Titan Calling."

The book has everything you need to create a Titan scion, except Virtues.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowBlossoms
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post

No. Its in this book. Its completely identical to making up a normal scion, except you have to take a Titan Calling.

What page is it on? Because if the Developer of the Book says Character Creation isn't in the book...

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    but sure some people will be disappointed on the Titans, as some of them should not be there for different reasons (read the TDD Titans for example).
    I really don't see a problem with this. The World is an alternate mythology in the same way it is an alternate history.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by DSPaul View Post

That’s rather odd, considering that the Titanic Callings and Knacks are printed in Titanomachy. And given the otherwise-detailed writeups for the sample Titans, it’s really odd that their virtues aren’t listed — especially since there’s a sidebar in the Storyguide chapter talking about how you should always keep a Titan’s Virtues and Purview in mind when portraying them.
    It has to be an oversight. Pretty big one though.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied

Titanic Scion Character Creation is being covered elsewhere, if I recall correctly, which should address your concerns about Titanic Virtues and how their Scions use them.
    No. Its in this book. Its completely identical to making up a normal scion, except you have to take a Titan Calling.

Leave a comment:

• DSPaul
    replied

Titanic Scion Character Creation is being covered elsewhere, if I recall correctly, which should address your concerns about Titanic Virtues and how their Scions use them.
    That’s rather odd, considering that the Titanic Callings and Knacks are printed in Titanomachy. And given the otherwise-detailed writeups for the sample Titans, it’s really odd that their virtues aren’t listed — especially since there’s a sidebar in the Storyguide chapter talking about how you should always keep a Titan’s Virtues and Purview in mind when portraying them.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowBlossoms
    replied
    Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
    Two things I noticed about the Titan writeups: Firstly, all of the Titans have multiple Purviews — the idea that Titans are dominated by a single purview seems to be gone completely. Secondly, Titanic Virtues are barely mentioned at all — have Virtues listed, and there’s no discussion of what Virtues Titan Scions use. These seem like pretty significant conceptual changes, since the core books seemed to treat Purviews and Virtues as the primary difference between Scions and Gods.

Leave a comment:

• DSPaul
    replied
    Two things I noticed about the Titan writeups: Firstly, all of the Titans have multiple Purviews — the idea that Titans are dominated by a single purview seems to be gone completely. Secondly, Titanic Virtues are barely mentioned at all — have Virtues listed, and there’s no discussion of what Virtues Titan Scions use. These seem like pretty significant conceptual changes, since the core books seemed to treat Purviews and Virtues as the primary difference between Scions and Gods.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    What I think is bothering is not the reduced number of Titans per pantheon, but the fact that some Titans should not be there.

I like the book in general, as I didn’t read, and it adds lot of material to a campaign, but sure some people will be disappointed on the Titans, as some of them should not be there for different reasons (read the TDD Titans for example).

I may leave another comment in the future once I read more, but so far I like almost everything.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    I'm digging it a lot. Collateral damage rules. A ton of new antagonists stats. A bunch of new organizations. A lot of new lore (Rasputin tricked a god or titan into making him a scion), rules for creating and playing a scion of a titan. 3 adventures. lots of new birthrights.

The only downside I see so far is they only write up 3 to 5 titans per pantheon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X