Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scion Titanomachy PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I want to be sure on something. This one is not covered in any of the kickstarter rewards presently, yes?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
      I want to be sure on something. This one is not covered in any of the kickstarter rewards presently, yes?
      No, it’s a new book that is not part or goal of any KS.


      House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        I want to be sure on something. This one is not covered in any of the kickstarter rewards presently, yes?
        Correct. We didn't even know about Titanomachy when the Kickstarter was going on.


        "We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
        Captain Malcolm Reynolds

        Comment


        • #34
          I figured, but wanted to be sure I wasn't going to buy a book I already had coming.

          Comment


          • #35
            Okay, reached the end, and yeah. Some of these Titans don't really belong there, but I think we can chalk that up to being the point a lot of the time. The Orishas' in-character lecture on how arbitrary the line can be is proof of that. Hell, some of them don't even seem interested in the Titanomachy; Rangda, Cernunnos, and Namazu come to mind (Rangda wishes to be left alone and support feminism, Namazu would be perfectly fine leaving Japan alone if someone figured out how to free her without collapsing the entire island chain, and Cernunnos is called out as not really being a Titan so much as he has a PTSD-induced Titanic Calling).

            Really, thinking on it, I think the Titanic Virtues being replaced with Titanic Callings might not be a bad thing. It emphasizes that Titans are still gods, albeit ambivalent ones, of their respective pantheons, and allows grudging alliances. Hell, the only truly bad guy I see is Tyrant; the others, even Monster, are dark, but could have socially productive ends (the Adversary breaking to heal could be a psychiatrist, the Primeval's desire for the world to remain untamed being an environmental consultant, the Destroyer is as much revolutionary as anarchist, and the Monster particularly amoral takes on Batman). It's not easy, especially with Monster, but it's hardly always evil.


            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post


              That is emphatically not the premise this game is sold on.

              I mean, its called The World because it isn't our world and clearly they have taken plenty of artistic license with the mythologies.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post


                I mean, its called The World because it isn't our world and clearly they have taken plenty of artistic license with the mythologies.

                The difference being the elements of (various degrees of) ancient (to modern) myth are happening in public view with the consequential fallout. The myths not being the myths as advertised would defeat that premise.


                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                Comment


                • #38
                  Can I get the eratta reporting link please?
                  The list of Fujin's Callings on page 27 is really bothering me; Fortune is a purview, and should not one of his Callings.


                  Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                    Can I get the eratta reporting link please?
                    The list of Fujin's Callings on page 27 is really bothering me; Fortune is a purview, and should not one of his Callings.
                    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...dQGnA/viewform


                    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                      Hell, some of them don't even seem interested in the Titanomachy; Rangda, Cernunnos, and Namazu come to mind (Rangda wishes to be left alone and support feminism, Namazu would be perfectly fine leaving Japan alone if someone figured out how to free her without collapsing the entire island chain, and Cernunnos is called out as not really being a Titan so much as he has a PTSD-induced Titanic Calling).
                      Cernunnos does not give one hoot about the Titanomachy, and it makes me laugh that apparently people have called him 'evil.' He's not -- and indeed most of the Titans aren't 'evil,' and that sort of binary 'yes/no' thinking baffles me personally. What good would it be if we kept saying 'gosh, Titan is just a label that gets slapped on people, a lot of the time it doesn't mean that much' (which is said throughout the book repeatedly) if we didn't have an example of this one dude who got offered the ability to be an immortal dude being and said 'heck yeah, that's way better than trying to pass in Victorian England, sign me up, wait, what, Titanomachy? Mom, I don't care about this, bye, I'm gonna go party with Dionysus with my new ... staff.'

                      He technically counts as a Titan because Domnu thought 'hey I can take this spare Mantle I found and make someone else on my side', and he exists largely to be an example of how Titans aren't evil; Titans can in fact not care about the Titanomachy very much; Titans (and Gods!) can be very different from their historical writeups because this is a game, and set in The World, not Our World; that the world is a living world in which Events Happen and change things from myth; and it's okay to make your Gods, Titans, etc. very very gay and trans if you want to, because why not?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        In defense of Titanomachy I have to say that it is not a thing in any of the myths except for Theoi, and even them have some references of Cronos being released from Tartarus and Echidna being turned into a weird mammal that lay eggs and runs super fast as hedgehogs... wait, wrong echidna...

                        The entire book is a game license on the myths to make a easier way to put scions of many pantheons working together.


                        House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Spider View Post

                          Cernunnos does not give one hoot about the Titanomachy, and it makes me laugh that apparently people have called him 'evil.' He's not -- and indeed most of the Titans aren't 'evil,' and that sort of binary 'yes/no' thinking baffles me personally. What good would it be if we kept saying 'gosh, Titan is just a label that gets slapped on people, a lot of the time it doesn't mean that much' (which is said throughout the book repeatedly) if we didn't have an example of this one dude who got offered the ability to be an immortal dude being and said 'heck yeah, that's way better than trying to pass in Victorian England, sign me up, wait, what, Titanomachy? Mom, I don't care about this, bye, I'm gonna go party with Dionysus with my new ... staff.'

                          He technically counts as a Titan because Domnu thought 'hey I can take this spare Mantle I found and make someone else on my side', and he exists largely to be an example of how Titans aren't evil; Titans can in fact not care about the Titanomachy very much; Titans (and Gods!) can be very different from their historical writeups because this is a game, and set in The World, not Our World; that the world is a living world in which Events Happen and change things from myth; and it's okay to make your Gods, Titans, etc. very very gay and trans if you want to, because why not?
                          Precisely what I was picking up on. I especially like how many of antagonist characters are very easily people - I find it hilarious that Scorpion Men are actually kindly old grandparent sorts who also happen to be terrifying guardians.

                          If nothing else, this book is good, because this is Surtr's theme song:



                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Leliel View Post

                            Precisely what I was picking up on. I especially like how many of antagonist characters are very easily people - I find it hilarious that Scorpion Men are actually kindly old grandparent sorts who also happen to be terrifying guardians.

                            If nothing else, this book is good, because this is Surtr's theme song:


                            ... as the person who wrote Surtr, that is absolutely, absolutely the feel I was going for.

                            (And yes, Sif/Frigg is a typo, and exactly what the errata link is for.)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I really like Primeval, and the collateral pool. I also like some of the birthright ideas like the DRAGON System

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post


                                The difference being the elements of (various degrees of) ancient (to modern) myth are happening in public view with the consequential fallout. The myths not being the myths as advertised would defeat that premise.
                                The premise of the game and this specific book is that the Titanomachy is a war that envolves all the pantheons. That in itself is not real mythology from the start, it is an alternate mythology.

                                My point being: complaining about a whether a non-greek god would be a Titan or not or be part of the Titanomachy or not is already debating artistic license not actual mythology since the Tiitanomachy is something that only existed in Greek mythology.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X