X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic Scion Titanomachy PDF

Scion Titanomachy PDF

By Monday Meeting Notes, tomorrow Scion Titanomachy will hit DriveThru as Advanced PDF ( late beta, before fan pointed errata phase ). It is 'chroncile/antagonists' book (?), probably. As I'm very excited on this book( beside Demigod ), and look very much to read it, I thought 'reviews/reading topic' was in order.

So how is your Second Titanomachy in the World of Scion?

Here is product sum-up:
    'Scion: Titanomachy has everything a Storyguide needs to bring the Second Titanomachy — a phase in the eternal cold war against the Gods — to their Scion Second Edition games. It presents new threats from the Titans to their servants, plus their fell powers and Birthrights — ripe for use as antagonists or as new material for players’ characters. It also provides adventure hooks to springboard Storyguides into the action.
    Scion: Origin and Scion: Hero are required to use this book.
    This book includes:
    • Titans for each of the core pantheons, to be used as enemies or strange allies.
    • Three adventure hooks to help Storyguides run epic games involving the Second Titanomachy.
    • Dozens of all-new antagonists from enemy Scions to fearsome monsters.
    • New, Titan-themed Birthrights and Knacks for players to discover and use.'

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

Wow thanks, I think it is all a lot clearer now! I will have to explain this in a good way to my players then, see if they get interested in taking Guides in the future.
    Glad I was able to help!

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    So if you have, say, Scathach as a Guide, and her Asset Skills are Close Combat and Athletics, then you can apply her Guide Stunt in situatiosn using either Close Combat or Athletics. Combine the two, and you get something like this:

"Wow, you made that attack in such an impressive way that I can't help but admire you now"

"Thanks, Scathach taught me that any attack worth making is worth doing impressively"
    Sun Wukong would be proud... I mean Son Goku... making friend by beating them pretty hard.

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied

Okay, so, here's how I break it down:

- Guide Stunts are tricks that your Guides taught you, and the Asset Skills are the things that they teach you. The effects of Guide Stunts can overlap (thus my stealing a lot of them) but they apply in areas where you tap the Guide for extra dice in the Asset Skills. So the context of the Stunts come from the Asset Skills.

Example: Let's say you have a Guide Stunt that lets you improve someone's attitude towards you as a special Stunt. That Stunt can actually be applied to different Guides, but the Stunt will only be used in the Asset Skill. So if you have, say, Scathach as a Guide, and her Asset Skills are Close Combat and Athletics, then you can apply her Guide Stunt in situatiosn using either Close Combat or Athletics. Combine the two, and you get something like this:

"Wow, you made that attack in such an impressive way that I can't help but admire you now"

"Thanks, Scathach taught me that any attack worth making is worth doing impressively"

If you think about it this way, then you can open some variety. Take a Stunt that allows you to remove a field condition and tie it to, say, Survival or Culture, and usually use it to clear things like overgrown forests. Boom, you just did the legwork for making a Dryad Guide and can add on the Fun stuff like a Purview or a unique Knack.
    Wow thanks, I think it is all a lot clearer now! I will have to explain this in a good way to my players then, see if they get interested in taking Guides in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied

I will agree that Guide is probably a fun thing if you understand it. My problem is precisely that, trying to understand the stunt rules and Asset Skills that belong to Guides, both in the more or less non-existent rules about how to design your own Guides as well as not quite understanding the mechanics of existing Guide's stunts.

English is not my first language but I doubt that is the cause of the problem.
    Okay, so, here's how I break it down:

- Guide Stunts are tricks that your Guides taught you, and the Asset Skills are the things that they teach you. The effects of Guide Stunts can overlap (thus my stealing a lot of them) but they apply in areas where you tap the Guide for extra dice in the Asset Skills. So the context of the Stunts come from the Asset Skills.

Example: Let's say you have a Guide Stunt that lets you improve someone's attitude towards you as a special Stunt. That Stunt can actually be applied to different Guides, but the Stunt will only be used in the Asset Skill. So if you have, say, Scathach as a Guide, and her Asset Skills are Close Combat and Athletics, then you can apply her Guide Stunt in situatiosn using either Close Combat or Athletics. Combine the two, and you get something like this:

If you think about it this way, then you can open some variety. Take a Stunt that allows you to remove a field condition and tie it to, say, Survival or Culture, and usually use it to clear things like overgrown forests. Boom, you just did the legwork for making a Dryad Guide and can add on the Fun stuff like a Purview or a unique Knack.

Leave a comment:

• Magicjohnny
    replied
    I mean Followers are also meant to represent sidekicks, like the Enkidu to your Gilgamesh. And honestly most Creatures tend to be more like living equipment narratively speaking anyways, they don’t usually do much on their own in mythology

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
    My advice for creatures (as a storyguide that had a player who just had to spend all her exp on more creatures).
    Until the creature expansion that was a stretch goal for demigod comes out just use the follower rules to create the creature. With Flairs "costing 1 dot per flairs you add.
    Much less of a headache that way.
    I cannot escape thinking that is an unsatisfying solution. Followers are more or less like equipment in the rules: you use them with your own Leadership skill as if they were an extension of you with limited range of capabilities on their own. Applying that to a mythological creature that is supposed to be a sidekick seems a bit unsatisfying.

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied

I'll echo "What's wrong with Guide?"

Guides are great. My only stumbling point are the Guide Stunts, and 80% of those can be solved by stealing an existing Guide Stunt from a pre-written Guide.
    I will agree that Guide is probably a fun thing if you understand it. My problem is precisely that, trying to understand the stunt rules and Asset Skills that belong to Guides, both in the more or less non-existent rules about how to design your own Guides as well as not quite understanding the mechanics of existing Guide's stunts.

English is not my first language but I doubt that is the cause of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Magicjohnny
    replied
    I’ll admit they did trip me up for a while with stunts, and also I can see them being a bit odd with how they are somewhat less customizable then the rest of the corebook Birthrights like how the Covenant is less custom then Cults in the Companion

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied

While nowhere near as confusing as the rules for Guides I agree that I am having trouble putting Creatures together for my players and had to seek help here for it. It's sad that they are not as simple and well put together as the rules for Relics and Followers.
    I'll echo "What's wrong with Guide?"

Guides are great. My only stumbling point are the Guide Stunts, and 80% of those can be solved by stealing an existing Guide Stunt from a pre-written Guide.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Originally posted by Magicjohnny View Post
    So uh, has anyone else noticed that the sample Creature don’t make sense according to the rules set put in Hero? Like for example the Fenrir Pups, have three qualities yet still have the standard 9 dice that three dot Creatures get
    It has been reported for the errata, right?

Leave a comment:

• Maitrecorbo
    replied
    My advice for creatures (as a storyguide that had a player who just had to spend all her exp on more creatures).
    Until the creature expansion that was a stretch goal for demigod comes out just use the follower rules to create the creature. With Flairs "costing 1 dot per flairs you add.
    Much less of a headache that way.

Leave a comment:

• Magicjohnny
    replied
    What’s confusing about Guides? The only problems I’ve had with them is trying to think of good Guide Stunts, but for Creatures I can’t wait till we get the expansion in the Demigod Companion, cause they so desperately need one

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by HighPriest View Post
    The Creature rules just aren't very good. They don't really work for the antagonists presented in Hero, either.
    While nowhere near as confusing as the rules for Guides I agree that I am having trouble putting Creatures together for my players and had to seek help here for it. It's sad that they are not as simple and well put together as the rules for Relics and Followers.

Leave a comment:

• HighPriest
    replied
    The Creature rules just aren't very good. They don't really work for the antagonists presented in Hero, either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X