Scion 2E Demigod Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    In honor of the Appendix, I present the Keeper of the World National Anthem:

I thought this was going to be Imagine.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I thought this was going to be Imagine.

I feel that there's enough problems with the plan to have Imhotep a little hesitant about whether he's thought through all of it.

If Zalmoxis does become the Top God, it could easily be this:

Comment

• Notably, the antagonists chapter uses the terminology from Hero for the Thunderbirds, “Animikii,” rather than “binesi” from the Underworld chapter. That antagonist entry slots in really well with Hero, tbh.

It’s a bit odd that Omukade is here again as “giant centipedes” when it was a singular monster with a different stat block in Titanomachy. Like, I don’t mind being given multiple takes on a critter, but I’d prefer a mindful inconsistency in the line, and direct encouragement to go with either or both as you see fit.

The Keepers appendix is phenomenal. The idea always had real estate in my head since 1e, but this is a version of the Keepers easily able to be slotted into different roles on a game— even as divine parents, which is delightful. Adding in Karna and Amergin? Inspired. Zalmoxis might as well be wearing a sticker that says “loosely inspired by real mythology,” but at least he’s interesting. Stellar take on Herakles, Tlazōteōtl’s back, and Wayland Smith is appropriately scary. Just, wow. What a note to end the book on.

Comment

• Confucius's reason for not wanting to be a Keeper made me smile and chuckle.

Comment

• I'm including a new Keeper in one of my Pantheon fanprojects.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Quick question; how do you determine the effects of a Mortal Failure or a Catastrophic Success? I don't mean when they occur (fail a rolled action and Divinity Dice show at least one failure or succeed on a rolled action and Divinity dice show at least one success, respectively) but how you determine what the outcome looks like.
              The classic example is instead of convincing the town to back you on *insert issue here*, you convince the nation. But how did you determine the scale? Why the nation and not the state/province? What does it look like when you make Catastrophic Success on a Boon roll?
              And can I have an example of a Mortal Failure please?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Are there even Boon rolls? Anyways isn’t that what the catastrophic success/mortal failures sections under each Purview in chapter 4 are for? To give examples of what they look like?

Comment

• I figure that Catastrophic Successes often draw from having Dominion in some ways, since they represent your power running amok. Most Boons don't even have rolls, at least not to activate them. Like if you make a roll and it benefits from a Dominion Stunt, that may flavor it.

Even if you're not touching a Dominion Boon directly, I figure the power may bleed through just by having Dominion.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

• And we made it! 143k!

Comment

• Will it be on backerkit II Kinda sorta missed kickstartter

Comment

• Yeah, probably in about a month or so.

Comment

• I just finished Demigod. I loved the Keepers of the World, but I couldn’t find the write-ups for the Irish Demigod Cu Chulainn or the Palas (Tibetan) pantheon. Am I missing something?

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

• The Palas were never slated to be IN Demigod, unfortunately. Maybe God?

I admit I was under the impression that we'd have writeups for CuChulainn or Gilgamesh for playing them reborn, and I didn't spot them either.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                              The Palas were never slated to be IN Demigod, unfortunately. Maybe God?

I admit I was under the impression that we'd have writeups for CuChulainn or Gilgamesh for playing them reborn, and I didn't spot them either.
                              That is unfortunate. I want to have them fight. And then turn into some sort of weird super-Shonen tsundere BL couple.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

That is unfortunate. I want to have them fight. And then turn into some sort of weird super-Shonen tsundere BL couple.
                                I see you too have been partaking of certain Fate/Stay Night materials... but seriously, having a list of "Reincarnations" that would list Callings and Purviews for them would be great to have, even as a minor supplement. I've got a friend whose trying to stat up a reincarnation of Jason and something like that would be really helpful for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X