No announcement yet.

Scion 2E Demigod Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not entering a discussion, hence the red text, just letting some factoids of the "official position" be known here.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      Not entering a discussion, hence the red text, just letting some factoids of the "official position" be known here.

Sorry if I misunderstood your focus. I don't want to make your job harder.

Comment

• I haven't read the drafts yet (vision issues make reading large pdf files problematic for me), so I'm curious if there's anything about possibilities of Heroes who become Demigods creating legends that start to break them away from their originating pantheon? Like, just to invent a random example, say a Scion of Hades devoted to wealth and money raises himself up to Demigod status, but as the newly christened "Mammon", a lot of his Legend seems tied up in Renaissance/early Enlightenment era European folklore rather than with anything to do with the Theoi. Or Columbia as a Scion of Athena becoming more connected to 19th century Americana than to Greek myth. Or is this the sort of thing that God is more likely to be dealing with?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Forging one's own Mantle is forging one's own Mantle. It doesn't really say a lot about going from a Demigod in a Pantheon to becoming Independent, but I'd allow it for taking a Deed to reflect forging a Covenant, and then a major Deed for officially breaking away from their original Pantheon.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

• I seem to recall one of the 'bad guy' scions in First Edition taking on the role of Santa Muerte. Granted, it was at god level, but I don't see why a scion couldn't decide earlier on to go for it and to model themselves after a vacant role or an image outside of their own and basically 'faking it until you make it'. After all, you are what you do in Scion. There's no reason you couldn't get an early start, and the RP options would be awesome. Can you imagine Hades popping in on the would-be Mammon with a 'Son, we need to talk about your career choices.' talk?

Comment

• Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
              I haven't read the drafts yet (vision issues make reading large pdf files problematic for me), so I'm curious if there's anything about possibilities of Heroes who become Demigods creating legends that start to break them away from their originating pantheon? Like, just to invent a random example, say a Scion of Hades devoted to wealth and money raises himself up to Demigod status, but as the newly christened "Mammon", a lot of his Legend seems tied up in Renaissance/early Enlightenment era European folklore rather than with anything to do with the Theoi. Or Columbia as a Scion of Athena becoming more connected to 19th century Americana than to Greek myth. Or is this the sort of thing that God is more likely to be dealing with?
              I think that might be more God-level play; the section on the Keeper's of the World describes their plan as a Creation Myth for a new pantheon.
              Demigods do get to define their divine identity by creating their own Mantles, but tying themselves to a new culture or people is both not strictly present in Demigod, (though the Covenant birthright is still a thing), and it defiantly fits God better.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• I don’t see why a Demigod couldn’t try to remove themselves from a pantheon, probably wouldn’t be easy but there’s nothing stopping you from doing that

Comment

• I have a question, all Immortal Knacks described in Scion Demigod can only be purchased by Demigod or Scions of Hero level can buy then too?

Comment

• Only Demigods. I would make them a new category as they are really better than other Immortal knacks.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                      Only Demigods. I would make them a new category as they are really better than other Immortal knacks.

This is what you think or it's something written in the manuscript? Or an unnoficial errata mentioned by the devs?

Comment

• The paragraph on Immortal Knacks (page 160 of the new all in one manuscript) says:

As your character progresses from Hero to Demigod, their Callings and Legendary Titles become true forces of nature. A Demigod can throw the weight of their divinity around to influence The World just as a giant might utilize their size. A wider variety of Knacks are available that allow you to Imbue for Scale: (...)
                        I read this as “Demigods have access to those, and Heroes don’t”, but I may be wrong...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• They're just described as Immortal Knacks and I think I saw a comment from Neall on a discord that they're open for Heroes to buy. I mean, most of the Knacks aren't much stronger than any other Heroic Knacks, just more versatile.

(I did submit some errata for clarity though)

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

• Yeah Neall has said on the Discord that they’re available to Heroes, which makes sense since most of them aren’t any better then Hero Immortal Knacks and instead are more meant to give mechanical support for the other aspects of Callings(and of course there’s Size Them Up, which is Heroic in it’s effects)

Comment

• So, quick question about creating Relics through Fatebinding ordinary items: Beyond the standard maximum number of Fatebindings a character can have, is there any limit/cost to creating Relics this way, such as paying XP for the initial dot?

Comment

• Hmm doesn’t seem like it, it seems like just an expansion of that mechanic of gaining another character’s Relic at the cost of getting a Fatebinding

Comment

Working...
                                X