No announcement yet.

Scion 2E Demigod Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the new tag like? There is already an Aggravated tag in the Origin book.

Comment

One of the developers on the Scion discord said it was getting a revamp to make it more useful, specifically the revamped version deals damage that cannot be healed in any way in the middle of combat and ignores any armor that isn’t logically resistant to the specific damage it deals, IE: Heaven’s Fire would ignore any armor that isn’t resistant to fire

The specific text that was shared: Aggravated (2): This weapon deals grievous magical damage, such as a blade made of raw fire or lighting, or the revealed face of a God. Aggravated Injury Conditions may not be healed during a combat scene, whether by powers or spending Tension. If an antagonist has a regenerative effect, it cannot heal Aggravated damage. Armor does not apply against Aggravated damage unless it also has an appropriate Resistant Tag. This is meant expressly for magical and supernatural sources of injury.

Comment

In 12 hours we funded 200% of the campaign and got in to making Demigod Companion, with new powers, creatures and Guides for Pantheons! It looks GOOD as KS campaign of OPP, on my POV...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Looking at the preview, it almost looks like you must assume some existing divinity’s mantle to ascend. Am I reading that wrong ordid I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewm9 View Post
            Looking at the preview, it almost looks like you must assume some existing divinity’s mantle to ascend. Am I reading that wrong ordid I miss something?

That is how it seems to read to me too. That is disappointing if that is the case. My players will never go for assuming another identity of an already established god, they want to become their own gods.

Comment

That's not the intent. It's just that the process of adopting or taking the mantle of an existing God required more explanation, so it features more heavily in the text. If it's unclear (and you're not the first person to mention it), could you do me a favour and pop a comment into the feedback form to ask that becoming a separate God be emphasized more? It shouldn't take much rewriting to do,

Cheers,
              the guy who wrote the Apotheosis section

Comment

“A Demigod who wants to adopt the Mantle of an existing God is choosing a dangerous path to Apotheosis.”

so no, that is not the only path

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It reads to me like that's just one of the ways. You can also build your own mantle based on your legend and deeds. However, they only really gave strong mechanics for when you're trying to steal a mantle from a god.

Comment

That’s probably because that’s the one that requires the most mechanics, making your own Mantle is probably as easy as just going through an Apotheosis path like the one presented
                    Last edited by Magicjohnny; 09-04-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

The segments going "Follow this God's path" I assume that you're trying to claim an existing Mantle. For forging your own, I think the intent is to focus on one's own Legend and forging it anew. But that could stand to be a bit clearer, yeah. If you see something you think could use clarification mention it here
                      Last edited by Kyman201; 09-04-2020, 01:44 PM.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

I think I am most interested in the new pantheons, particularly the Mesopotamian gods. Ishtar I am looking at you. I am curious how they discuss their various mantles and associations with cities in some cases. Though the first chapter is the chapter I didn't know I wanted. The path to ascension was never really talked about in the 1st edition so this is good stuff.

Comment

I’m more curious about the Apu and Tengri personally for the pantheons, also curious about the new Birthrights like the Sancta

Comment

I want to see that Anunna and the Atua, personally. I have a potential Scion of Ishtar I'd like to stat up.

I've seen a comment from someone familiar with Ishtar say something like this:

Good news [about being a Scion of Ishtar]! She wants nothing more than for you to go out and do what you think is best. But she also would want you to keep out of HER way

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

As agnostic with slight Slavic neopagan bent, I'm curious over Bogovi, of course. But as Bogovi sounds almost like general Polish word for gods - 'Bogowie' - I will most surely use old Slavic name for those beings as Pantheon - Bogi.

You know, to not have this word nightmare on sessions: 'I przybyli Bogovi i inni Bogowie.' 😔

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                              LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                                As agnostic with slight Slavic neopagan bent, I'm curious over Bogovi, of course. But as Bogovi sounds almost like general Polish word for gods - 'Bogowie' - I will most surely use old Slavic name for those beings as Pantheon - Bogi.

You know, to not have this word nightmare on sessions: 'I przybyli Bogovi i inni Bogowie.' 😔
                                Bogovi is actually the older form, from Old Church Slavonic. It later shifted to the simpler form "Bogi" in several Slavic languages, e.g. Russian. So for an attempt to reconstruct a pre-Christian Slavic Pantheon, Bogovi might in fact be more fitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X