Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scion 2E Demigod Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    All the names of the pantheons means basically gods in their mother languages, at least it’s what I understand from what I know, Theoi, Kami, Orisha, Aesir, etc.

    Of course, Kami and Orisha are a bit more “open ended” as they represent spirits in general, with some more complex versions of the name meaning Great Spirits, the ones that we see in the books. But it’s related to the definition of god...
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 09-05-2020, 07:58 AM.


    House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      All the names of the pantheons means basically gods in their mother languages, at least it’s what I understand from what I know, Theoi, Kami, Orisha, Aesir, etc.
      Generally, you are right - but modern languages do not interlope the same like Bogovi and 'Bogowie' in Polish. ( Which is spelled 'Bogovi-E' in English spelling. ) I do not suspect that modern Greeks are talking about One God as Theo, on day to day basis, for example. So they not invoking 'One God and Olumpian Gods' as 'Theos and Theoi Olympion', on day-to-day basis. ( But I'm not modern Greek speaker, so what should I know... )

      Also, Aesir are one family of Norse Gods - other are Vanir, for example. And you have Jotuun as Giants. It makes desctinction much profound in day to day language on game sessions.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-05-2020, 08:29 AM.


      My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

        Generally, you are right - but modern languages do not interlope the same like Bogovi and 'Bogowie' in Polish. ( Which is spelled 'Bogovi-E' in English spelling. ) I do not suspect that modern Greeks are talking about One God as Theo, on day to day basis, for example. So they not invoking 'One God and Olumpian Gods' as 'Theos and Theoi Olympion', on day-to-day basis. ( But I'm not modern Greek speaker, so what should I know... )

        Also, Aesir are one family of Norse Gods - other are Vanir, for example. And you have Jotuun as Giants. It makes desctinction much profound in day to day language on game sessions.
        God (as in the Christian God) in modern Greek is Theos, yes.

        Comment


        • #34
          I really like the Annunua snippets in the new update, the writing’s so good

          Comment


          • #35
            I think the Me might be one of my favorite pantheon Relic ideas, so cool

            Comment


            • #36
              I've mentioned from time to time that I have a concept for a Scion of Ishtar. Having read Ishtar's write-up, I'm more convinced that the biggest problem they would have towards getting along would be that Ishtar and Aaliyah (my character concept) are, in some ways, far too similar.


              Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Magicjohnny View Post
                I really like the Annunua snippets in the new update, the writing’s so good
                I really like it, too. But I hope they reprint the Tyrant Calling in Demigod or else one is forced to buy Titanomachy, which is not of the three Core ones, to use Ereshkigal to the fullest.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Read Anunna preview - they all seem very much on 'love' ( all of them are Lovers, beside Marduk), but Enki sets new low with impregnating his wife, daughter and granddaughter - and then impregnating himself. Interesting way to create new gods dynasty, I must admit...
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-05-2020, 03:39 PM.


                  My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    P. S. I love trans woman support in Ishtar write-up! ❤️


                    My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BlackLotos View Post

                      I really like it, too. But I hope they reprint the Tyrant Calling in Demigod or else one is forced to buy Titanomachy, which is not of the three Core ones, to use Ereshkigal to the fullest.
                      eh, it’s easy enough to replace with Leader if you don’t have it, rather than using word count on that.


                      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        Read Annanua preview - they all seem very much on 'love' ( all of them are Lovers, beside Marduk), but Enki sets new low with impregnating his wife, daughter and granddaughter - and then impregnating himself. Interesting way to create new gods dynasty, I must admit...
                        This one thanks the Gender Fluid idea to another level! But they are not alone, Loki having mothered some of his kids is an example.


                        House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Enki's ability to impregnate himself isn't genderfluidity - he's very firmly male, all the time, no matter what. That was rather the problem he had when he impregnated himself, actually.

                          (Ishtar/Inanna is closer to genderfluidity, though she weighs heavily female regardless of presentation. Gender as it relates to the Ishtar cult is complex but the modern world would absolutely see some of her priestesses as trans women, so I felt it was important to write that support into her.)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                            eh, it’s easy enough to replace with Leader if you don’t have it, rather than using word count on that.
                            Then the book should spell that out or else some people could be very confused about the Calling they might have never seen before.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              So that Anunna update is interesting. I would not have pegged Ishtar for having Epic Strength or Epic Dexterity, but rather Sky and Stars instead. Mesopotamian myth is complex though because of how old it is. I admit I am not a scholar and may not know the full stories of her existence. I also would have pegged her for a Liminal calling instead of a Trickster, but the line can be fine for that and I can see both sides of the coin.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I remember hearing that the Titan Callings will have their description reprinted

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X