No announcement yet.

Scion 2E Demigod Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, I'd forgotten the whole "Cannot be resolved at Strength 5" and I'll probably go back to forgetting it because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

And yeah, in this case I'd say that the rules for the Parting supercede the rules of Fatebinding Endurance, as one of the more general rules is "Specific Trumps General"

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      Huh, I'd forgotten the whole "Cannot be resolved at Strength 5" and I'll probably go back to forgetting it because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

And yeah, in this case I'd say that the rules for the Parting supercede the rules of Fatebinding Endurance, as one of the more general rules is "Specific Trumps General"
      I think the idea behind it is that you and that person will always be tied somehow. You can shift the nature of that relationship through resolving the bond, but this is a person who will always be with you in some form. It's the 'across incarnations love story' option, or the Solar/Lunar bond linked to souls rather than Exaltations if you prefer.

Comment

But yeah, for the purposes of the Parting, I'd say the "Remove the character from play for this step" supersedes the "Strength 5 Fatebindings cannot be removed from play"

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

I think the Parting is the one exception in the future god life, when you can actually break this rule permanently.

I would say more, to the character perspective, that one ghost of their love/family/what ever that keep they comfortable for knowing they would be there for ever suddenly be removed from the story for good is the real meaning of parting.

Losing that one admirer or that one unlucky guy that is always getting himself in trouble around them is almost a relief...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

The Apu look great!

Comment

I know basically nothing about the Inca nor their mythology but the Apu preview looks really great, yeah! Definitely loved the origin of everything blurb at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                I know basically nothing about the Inca nor their mythology but the Apu preview looks really great, yeah! Definitely loved the origin of everything blurb at the start.
                I only know small snippets picked up over the years, but yes, they look really cool.

Also got to read the Mesopotamian preview, which also looked pretty fun. Very much looking forward to this book.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Waiting for new Pantheons manuscript preview - *Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh...*

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

New Pantheons are up!

And yeah, the Titanic Callings are now explictly had by several members in most of the pantheons. Hell, they even went back and said "okay, here are some Gods from Hero who should have Titanic Callings, but they weren't made yet."

Also, they explicitly note that the Titanic Callings are ultimately that because they support a God's Purviews rather than the other way around; Agni is a Primeval because his job has to do with Fire itself, not because he's necessarily a misanthrope, Ereshkigal is a Tyrant because she cares not for the dead themselves, only the cycle of life, but within that she is honest and dedicated to her duty. However, because a Titanic Calling is focused on the Purview, it can lead to an inhuman perspective, because by definition, it forgets humans much of the time.

Comment

One problem: The Atua lack example Birthrights.

Which is a shame, because everything else about them rules, from their environmental focus to them legendarily not getting what the big difference between Gods and Titans are (and later becoming sure they were right the first time), to Tangaroa's "wait, my kids are sentient?" approach to parenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                        One problem: The Atua lack example Birthrights.

Which is a shame, because everything else about them rules, from their environmental focus to them legendarily not getting what the big difference between Gods and Titans are (and later becoming sure they were right the first time), to Tangaroa's "wait, my kids are sentient?" approach to parenting.

I am positive we will see a Relic stretchgoal for the Companion, so hopefully some Atua stuff can go there.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It is weird the Atua don’t have any sample Birthrights, when the other two pantheons in the preview do

Comment

The Count of Words is a harsh taskmaster, and it's possible that there was a section but it had to get cut to make room for the four Sisters of Mauna Kea or something.

Comment

And hopefully that is something they can use the Companion stretchgoal Brithrights to make up for. I'm sure we'll see a Relics expansion as we've gotten the other core ones.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Sacerdos View Post
                                Bogovi is actually the older form, from Old Church Slavonic. It later shifted to the simpler form "Bogi" in several Slavic languages, e.g. Russian. So for an attempt to reconstruct a pre-Christian Slavic Pantheon, Bogovi might in fact be more fitting.
                                Nitpick - Old Chruch Slavonic is still younger than Proto-Slavic - like at least 5 centuries younger. Bogovi preview points that each God in Pantheon is called Bog ( that is Proto- and Modern Slavic ), but in Polish, it can be simpler Bogi as plural. However, I'm glad that the Pantheon preview just came out and I'm delving into it.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                                LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X