No announcement yet.

[2E] What is god's Mantle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they all have their own mantel and an extra mantel they share, as we know Romulus and many other Minor gods as independent from their progenitors, basically they have their own deeds (and it’s well known), in opposition to Mars Pater or Mars Gravidius that have no individual deeds, just aspects of Mars himself, but maybe were demigods that ascended and were absorbed by Mars, leaving only the concept but no deeds related.

Now, on Usurping shared mantels, I think the usurper can take the place of one of the gods sharing the mantel, maybe even without the others noticing it.

If it’s up to me, I would suggest the character positioning himself as the incarnation of Mars, and later try to usurp one of the mantels for himself.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Is there in gameline official write-up of Helios, as Titanic self of him? I have a bit argument with new player that in Scion it's Helios that is bad guy and Apollo is positive Mantle of this being. But the more I read on both of them, the more confuse I am...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Is there in gameline official write-up of Helios, as Titanic self of him? I have a bit argument with new player that in Scion it's Helios that is bad guy and Apollo is positive Mantle of this being. But the more I read on both of them, the more confuse I am...
        Canonically Apollo took on Helios's mantle of Theoi sun deity, but Helios didn't side with Titanomachy in the real world mythology. They are separate entities, but Apollo absorbed Helios's role historically. In Scion 2e, this could be Apollo usurping Helios mantle (becoming Apollo Helios. Just assume any epithet a Theoi has was a mantle at one point.) Won't be sure until God drops because this sounds like divine tier play, rather than an incarnate demigod claiming a different deity's mantle for their original divine form. That doesn't make sense to me, better a God usurping another's mantle.
        (TL,DR; Apollo ate Helios's godhood to become the new sun god, probably)

There is no official write up for Helios in Scion, but there is one in the "Theoi Expanded" Nexus product. I'm not overly fond of that write up. It's not a bad one...i just don't like it right now

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
        X