Ascension.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascension.

Hey everyone. so,for those who don't know. We got a demigod preview showcasing the five steps a demigod has to take in order to ascend into godhood.i thpought it'd be cool we'd make examples of scions chasing ascension.

Second Call:I It's a repeat of a challenge of the scion's early career as hero. a scion has to make a choice,decalring to fate he will seek godhood.

Parting: already a demigod,the scion develops a fatebound at strenght 5,then resolve it. It is the time to leave human relationships behind.

Threshold: The demigod varies between various callings, trying to find his place in the world.

Descent: The demigod goes into the underworld,literallly and metaphorically to learn how to shed his mortality

Theophany: The Scion makes a deed so powerful he ascends into godhood.

Michael Johnson

Michaeln is the son of Marduk,Kind of the Mesopotomian gods,and Layla Johnson. They had a thrist,after his visitation he became a Hero Musician. But Marduk isn't vibing with it,They have a falling out. Michael decides he'll become the greateast of all Mesopotomian god of arts.

Second Call: Michael,back in 2013. Was having a hard time finding gigs,he was talented AF. But that's no rarity in the world. Eventually a hardcore producer,like Dre, gave him a chance. and Michael impressed him. He got his first record deal like that.
    Now it's october,2020. And Michael is playing his guitar again,this time for a Titanspawn bar , Many children of Tiamat there.Michael's player chose to focus on the creator calling,he amanges to play so well that the titanspawn make a truce with the mortal government.

Parting: For this stage,Michael's player will focus sage calling. he now has a fatebound apprentice,a foolhardy but lion hearted 14 yeard old named Gerard. Michael's deed as a musician have become so great,Gerard has sough his tutorship. It takes a long time,but Gerard becomes a broaday singer,as opposed to Michael who's a rockstar. They still talk from time to time. But Gerard has learned all he can.

Threshold: At this stage,Michael. Takes a breka from his world tour to experiment with new ways to live his life. as a Liminal,he helps bouncers at bars. as a warrior,he fights police brutality against african-american musicians. as a guardian,he protects young pop stars of managers who want to offer unfair contracts. Eventually he settles in Guardian,creator and Sage.

Descent: It's almost time for ascension. Michael calls in a favor from his reedemed Titanspawn friends,they call Tiamat,who lets him dive with his guitar into Irkalla. The Dead there are kinda being crushed by the heel of Ereshkigal. The Tyrant. Michaep promises ereshkigal and himself he'lll find a way to soothe the dead's pain.

Theophany: It's the time for truth. Michael,with his many serives to the Anunna,calls in a family reunion. He asks Ereshkigal to treat the dead better. when she laughs at him,he makes a deal,if he sings a song that well and truly move Ereshkigal's heart,she'll take better care of the dead. Ereshkihal laughs again.
    ,Michael is already playing the song before she finishes laughing. The song is well... it's hard to explain,but think of November Rain. but infintely more sad.Ereshkigal tries,she really does. But she ends up balling her eyes out. The Lady of the Dead admits defeat. And declares Michael the Annuna Rock God. Marduk declares that HE is the king,and only he can welcome a new god. But he accepts that michael has proven himself. They party for a long time to comemorate. And if the Rock God takes more than one possesively look at the tablet of destiny,wel...
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 09-06-2020, 05:54 PM.

Post yours if you have ideas!

Comment

And so it’s the origin of one of the gods of rock!

He could form an inter pantheon band band that melt faces with pure rock and roll.

Valentina “Valhallen” Allen from the Aesir daughter of Frey
      She become a hero by putting a raging troll to sleep by singing a lullaby.
      Her second visitation happened when she was challenged by a Jotun in a singing contest, she song first and the Jotun gave up in tears without even singing.
      Trying to gain more power she learned combat, constructed a guitar to a gigante and lead a group of Valkyries to enact Wagner Die Valkyrie, she being the lead singer.
      The last threshold deed got so famous the Aesir invited her to go to Valhalla to sing after the battle, what made the festivities the wildest in centuries.

When climbing down Yggdrasil, a huge number of banshees attacked her band, and, with her final breath, she screamed so high the banshees run away, but she end up falling in the gap, just to wake up as the goddess of rock in Asgard.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        And so it’s the origin of one of the gods of rock!

He could form an inter pantheon band band that melt faces with pure rock and roll.

Valentina “Valhallen” Allen from the Aesir daughter of Frey
        She become a hero by putting a raging troll to sleep by singing a lullaby.
        Her second visitation happened when she was challenged by a Jotun in a singing contest, she song first and the Jotun gave up in tears without even singing.
        Trying to gain more power she learned combat, constructed a guitar to a gigante and lead a group of Valkyries to enact Wagner Die Valkyrie, she being the lead singer.
        The last threshold deed got so famous the Aesir invited her to go to Valhalla to sing after the battle, what made the festivities the wildest in centuries.

When climbing down Yggdrasil, a huge number of banshees attacked her band, and, with her final breath, she screamed so high the banshees run away, but she end up falling in the gap, just to wake up as the goddess of rock in Asgard.
        Now that's what I call Rocking On!

Comment

Term is Apotheosis, not Ascension. It is topic confusing as there is completly different game with that title - Mage:the Ascencion - and I was wondering what Ascension do on Scion forum. I would advise to rename topic for correct term based title.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            Term is Apotheosis, not Ascension. It is topic confusing as there is completly different game with that title - Mage:the Ascencion - and I was wondering what Ascension do on Scion forum. I would advise to rename topic for correct term based title.
            You're right,but how do I change it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              You're right,but how do I change it?
              Mark it to the mod and ask for it - for example, CTPhipps

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Thanks wyrd

Comment

These are the kinds of stories that I had hoped people would at least imagine with the Apotheosis rules: ones that take a character through significant changes and end with the best version of that character.

Of course, it's not something that you can always plan from start to finish. While the rules in Scion are generally weighed in favour of the players, success isn't guaranteed and a good Storyguide will make each step along the way feel consequential. Deciding to become a Demigod should start to transform your character right from the beginning. Along the way, there are losses to deal with, opportunities for self-reflection, and challenges that ought to be genuinely difficult to overcome.

While I tempered things in my final draft, there are still some traces of one of my original motivations in the Apotheosis section: that it should be an extended series of "Are you sure you really want to do this?" moments for both the player and the character to wrestle with. If you think about it in terms of a coming of age story, which is one of the suggestions, it's a reminder that growing up can be difficult and sometimes traumatizing. People pick up so many little scars while trying to grow and change that it's really tempting to decide at some point that it's simply not worth it.

So you keep hold of that childhood friend, even though part of you knows they're keeping you from improving yourself and have become a way to avoid dealing with the world. You never settle on a direction to go in life, because you're afraid that once you make that decision, you might be trapped by it. You don't think about the consequences of your actions, even though the guilt you might feel over some of your past decisions keeps gnawing at you.

But unless you confront all of those things, you'll never be the rock god you secretly dream of becoming.

(No pressure, though. It's a game, not therapy.)

Comment

Working...
                  X