No announcement yet.

'Once and Future' Speculations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do people think about Nikolai Tolstoy's work on Merlin? The Quest for Merlin.

Amazon has it here. https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Merlin-...s=books&sr=1-3
    Last edited by Astromancer; 09-16-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I quite enjoyed Molly Cochran and Warren Murphy's The Forever King, which (appropriately for Scion) features a young boy who is the reincarnation of King Arthur.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

I was really interested in where the Once and Future Queen comic from Dark Horse was going to go (including the potential queer poly relationship with Lance and Gwen), but it got canceled after like 2 issues.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I kind of want to play the reborn Mordred as this broody bishonen bad boy type character.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            I kind of want to play the reborn Mordred as this broody bishonen bad boy type character.

Many scholars including Lucy A Paton (Whose "Fairy Mythology of Arthurian Romance" is still cited a century or more after publication) pointed out that Modred has multiple marks of being a hero figure. Paton speculated that the original figure on whom Modred is based was a major deity that the Church needed to discredit. It wasn't a conspiracy theory. She sought to analyze the connections between Arthurian Romance and the myths that shaped it.

Comment

I seem to recall one of the Bayformers movies briefly touched on how Excalibur was actually Cybertronian Supertech, and Merlin's Magic was the result of knowing the Autobots eons ago.

And you know what, if they had made "King Arthur Prime" and embraced the inherent absurdity it probably would have been hilarious and a lot more fun than that movie ended up being.

But for something Scion-adjacent... I wager that I'll be getting a lot of use out of Once and Future along with Saints and Monsters. Like, the questing knights? Valorous Saints? Magic like whoa? Sign me the fuck up.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Definitely!

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

I Hope they cover a decent "Returned Hero" setup and how said returned hero might have to restart at Hero rather than the demigod status they were at before..

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                    I Hope they cover a decent "Returned Hero" setup and how said returned hero might have to restart at Hero rather than the demigod status they were at before..
                    Random guess: Arthur and company are originally Scions of various Welsh gods, but became so successful that they split off into their unique pantheon and started absorbing a few Heroes/DemiGods from a few others. Now they are Incarnating as a new generation of Heroes.

And Sir Kay is The World's version of Gordon Ramsay.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Random guess: Arthur and company are originally Scions of various Welsh gods, but became so successful that they split off into their unique pantheon and started absorbing a few Heroes/DemiGods from a few others. Now they are Incarnating as a new generation of Heroes.

And Sir Kay is The World's version of Gordon Ramsay.
                      😂😂😂 I always liked Kay.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                        I think there'll be rules for that come Demigod, since one of the things you can do is like "I am Gilgamesh, reborn!"

Heck, in Scion terms that'd be an Incarnate Scion.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

I like a Hard Days Knight by Simon Green

Comment

The Chronicles of Amber is sorta a Arthurian story

Comment

Originally posted by Ardent View Post
                              The Chronicles of Amber is sorta a Arthurian story
                              I never read that. Is it any good?

Comment

Its ok - a bit wordy to my taste -

Comment

Working...
                                X