Clear All

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    I like a Hard Days Knight by Simon Green

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Lian View Post
    I Hope they cover a decent "Returned Hero" setup and how said returned hero might have to restart at Hero rather than the demigod status they were at before..
    I think there'll be rules for that come Demigod, since one of the things you can do is like "I am Gilgamesh, reborn!"

Heck, in Scion terms that'd be an Incarnate Scion.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Random guess: Arthur and company are originally Scions of various Welsh gods, but became so successful that they split off into their unique pantheon and started absorbing a few Heroes/DemiGods from a few others. Now they are Incarnating as a new generation of Heroes.

And Sir Kay is The World's version of Gordon Ramsay.
    😂😂😂 I always liked Kay.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Originally posted by Lian View Post
    I Hope they cover a decent "Returned Hero" setup and how said returned hero might have to restart at Hero rather than the demigod status they were at before..
    Random guess: Arthur and company are originally Scions of various Welsh gods, but became so successful that they split off into their unique pantheon and started absorbing a few Heroes/DemiGods from a few others. Now they are Incarnating as a new generation of Heroes.

And Sir Kay is The World's version of Gordon Ramsay.

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I kind of want to play the reborn Mordred as this broody bishonen bad boy type character.
    Definitely!

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    I seem to recall one of the Bayformers movies briefly touched on how Excalibur was actually Cybertronian Supertech, and Merlin's Magic was the result of knowing the Autobots eons ago.

And you know what, if they had made "King Arthur Prime" and embraced the inherent absurdity it probably would have been hilarious and a lot more fun than that movie ended up being.

But for something Scion-adjacent... I wager that I'll be getting a lot of use out of Once and Future along with Saints and Monsters. Like, the questing knights? Valorous Saints? Magic like whoa? Sign me the fuck up.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    I kind of want to play the reborn Mordred as this broody bishonen bad boy type character.

Many scholars including Lucy A Paton (Whose "Fairy Mythology of Arthurian Romance" is still cited a century or more after publication) pointed out that Modred has multiple marks of being a hero figure. Paton speculated that the original figure on whom Modred is based was a major deity that the Church needed to discredit. It wasn't a conspiracy theory. She sought to analyze the connections between Arthurian Romance and the myths that shaped it.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I was really interested in where the Once and Future Queen comic from Dark Horse was going to go (including the potential queer poly relationship with Lance and Gwen), but it got canceled after like 2 issues.

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    I quite enjoyed Molly Cochran and Warren Murphy's The Forever King, which (appropriately for Scion) features a young boy who is the reincarnation of King Arthur.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    What do people think about Nikolai Tolstoy's work on Merlin? The Quest for Merlin.

Amazon has it here. https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Merlin-...s=books&sr=1-3
    Last edited by Astromancer; 09-16-2020, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    No more mentioning MZB. Period.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The woman (MZB) is dead. Let whatever evil she did be buried with her. As for her books, if there is any good in them, enjoy them if you like. And, as someone said up thread, let the money go to those done wrong.

Now, let's remember there is more than enough medieval Arthurian material, much of it with genuinely ancient matterials embedded in them, that discussing anything post-Mallory for any reason other than models for inclusion, is a waste of precious page space.

On with the speculations.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 09-18-2020, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post

At the risk of derailing the thread, why is everyone so certain she’s guilty? I don’t want to defend a child molester, but at the same time I don’t want to condemn someone without evidence either.
    1:] Marion Zimmer Bradley confessed to knowing about her husband's pedophila and child rape during his trial.

2:] Her own daughter stated that Marion Zimmer Bradley sexually abused her. Moira Greyland also wrote a book on it ("The Last Closet") that talks about how MZB used her fans to help her husband abuse children.

As a note, there's no actual doubt about Marion Zimmer Bradley's guilt anymore than there is about David Eddings' child abuse. Please move on from this topic.

It is a very trigger-filled subject and should be dealt with only with the best of care.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 09-16-2020, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X