Where did the Oni go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the Oni go?

I was thinking of making an Oni scion of Susano-o but the Oni denizen path seems to have vanished from Origin and Hero. I know it was in the prerelease versions. Did they remove it?

I don't know but I hope we get them back. Japanese Sci Fi often has Oni in Space Ships. If a UFO shows up in a humourous story, it's a good bet it's run by Oni. As supernatural beings who have gone high tech while also keeping/honoring the old ways they'll be tonnes of fun.

Comment

I get my books from a local store who backs at retailer tyre so I never got to see the oni path, can you give any details about what it was like.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
        I don't know but I hope we get them back. Japanese Sci Fi often has Oni in Space Ships. If a UFO shows up in a humourous story, it's a good bet it's run by Oni. As supernatural beings who have gone high tech while also keeping/honoring the old ways they'll be tonnes of fun.
        Given how often they show up in fantasy anime, it would be useful to have rules for Oni characters, yes.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I was very excited to play an oni scion yeah. Upon reaching god I was thinking of making him God of Typhoons.

Comment

Yeah, both Oni and it's variant, (Troll) were cut, along with the sorcerer paths.
            I hope it was because the they were better fit for later planned books. With luck, we'll see them in either the Demigod Companion or Saints and Monsters

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I expect we’ll get a large variety of new/revised-cut Denizen paths in S&M, including a “big scary brute folk” modifiable path.

We know Sorcerers got cut because they wanted to do something better with them and that we know is coming in S&M.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                I expect we’ll get a large variety of new/revised-cut Denizen paths in S&M, including a “big scary brute folk” modifiable path.

We know Sorcerers got cut because they wanted to do something better with them and that we know is coming in S&M.

What's S&M? Because I don't think you mean what it usually means here

Comment

Saints and Monsters, the denizens book.

Comment

Working...
                  X