Denizen Scions: A Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denizen Scions: A Question

Suppose a Denizen becomes a Scion. Suppose this Denizen's Supernatural Origin Path is exclusive to a single culture. Is the Denizen capable of becoming Scion to any god, or must they be bound to one from the very culture that they themselves come from?
    To put it another way, suppose the Supernatural Origin Path reads Áos Sidhe Captive. Can they become the Scion of say, Amaterasu, or are they limited to the Irish deities?
    If they are not so limited, what might the consequences of such a decision be?

There’s nothing that limits a Denizen to any single pantheon for Scionhood really, if you want to play say a Kitsune whose the child of Mithra of the Yazata go right ahead. The consequences can be decided by the table, based on what is most dramatic for the story, honestly there aren’t any general consequences because while possible such characters are by definition unusual even by the standards of Scion

Comment

Incarnate Scions will be of a suitable heritage. In this case, it might be argued that you won't find a reincarnation of Amateratsu that is an Áos Sidhe — though stranger things have happened.

Made Scions (I forget the official name) can be whatever their Maker can make. So, similar to the Incarnate Scions, you're only as likely to be made as an Áos Sidhe Scion of Amateratsu as Amateratsu is to make an Áos Sidhe.

Born Scions will have one parent from the Pantheon; but the other parent can be anything that a god can procreate with. If Amateratsu sleeps with an Áos Sidhe and a child is conceived, that child will be a Scion of Amateratsu.

Chosen Scions can be anything; they merely have to catch the god's eye enough for him and/or her to invest in them. We'll see in Scion: God what it looks like from the other side; but I highly doubt it will be “they're an Áos Sidhe! Darn; I can't Adopt them because I'm not Irish!”

Comment

I do not think Denizen Scions are limited in that way. As for what the consequences would be, I really hadn’t thought it through. But that’s definitely an interesting question. Imagine a cyclops who was adopted as a Scion of Thor...

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

I think there's a sidebar in Origin noting that yes, there are converts and mingling cultures in the World, so you could be a Kitsune who's not that tied to Shintoism or Buddhism.

And if you're a fox spirit who caught the eyes of Artemis, I doubt there's some kind of catch-all "Nope you gotta stay in your box" cosmic underlining that will stop Artemis from making you a Scion.

'Cause like, that's never been how things worked with religion. Stories spread. They mingle. Figures from different religions crossed boundaries all the time.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

You think cultural boundaries are going to stop Loki from fucking weird animal people?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              You think cultural boundaries are going to stop Loki from fucking weird animal people?
              Or a weird Animal? Or weird materialized concept? Or thoughts?

Not even talking about Theoi that can transform into such thing...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
              Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                I think I've just found my first character idea for Mask of the Mythos.

"Your parents are who?"

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

"Aphrodite, stop turning those Japanese Vocaloids into Scions!"

"BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE!"

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                    "Aphrodite, stop turning those Japanese Vocaloids into Scions!"

"BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE!"
                    😂😂😂

Cuteness is queen 😊

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

...Oh gods. Vtuber Scions.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
                        ...Oh gods. Vtuber Scions.
                        As in, Vtubers who are Scions, or Vtuber Avatars as Scions? Because there's a world of difference between the two.

Comment

Hmm. And my Kitsune Scion shall aspire to become the Kami of Visual Kai.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
                            As in, Vtubers who are Scions, or Vtuber Avatars as Scions? Because there's a world of difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
                            X