Community Content: Scion Nautical Adventures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Content: Scion Nautical Adventures

I am the main writer for a new thing available on Nexus, Nautical Adventures. It's a small book with terra incognita and creatures and ship combat rules for playing games on the open seas. It includes a lot of useful stuff for short coastal adventures or for fullblown sea campaigns

wonderful news!

Comment

Please add a few extra islands to the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Prospero's island could be were different Demigods (Sycorax, Caliban, Prospero) either failed to achieve their goals or scorned them. A hidden island held by fay creatures in the Bahamas playing around with mantles and imagery about the sea and seafarers. Something seemingly charming and fun but genuinely deadly.

And please either a Chinese or Japanese Dragon King and his magnificent undersea palace.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
        Please add a few extra islands to the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Prospero's island could be were different Demigods (Sycorax, Caliban, Prospero) either failed to achieve their goals or scorned them. A hidden island held by fay creatures in the Bahamas playing around with mantles and imagery about the sea and seafarers. Something seemingly charming and fun but genuinely deadly.

And please either a Chinese or Japanese Dragon King and his magnificent undersea palace.
        Pretty sure I actually have ryujin''s and ao guang''s palaces included though not in a whole lot of detail. Sure I could maybe update the thing a bit to add a bit more for folks to use though.
        Last edited by bluishpurple; 10-17-2020, 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixing a spelling error

Comment

What are the Terra Incgnita included? (he asked, hoping Circe's island is one of them)

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Avalon
            Hi-Brasil
            Onigashima Island
            Chryse and Argyre
            Rupes Nigra
            Symplegades and the Planctae
            Otherworld Sea
            Land of the Lotus Eaters
            Mount Penglai
            Antillia
            Libertalia Expansion
            Gorgade
            Atlantis Mu Lemuria and Underwater Societies
            Ryugu.jo
            Ao Guang’s Palace
            Aegir’s Hall
            Pathways Through Hades
            Thule
            City of Apes
            Medieval Equator

Unfortunately, Circe island is not, but the land of Lotus eaters is.
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 10-19-2020, 06:49 AM.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Circe''s Island is one I totally forgot about. It was not one I included though I'm not sure how much weird stuff would likely be left there it'd still be fun.

Comment

This sounds really cool.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by bluishpurple View Post
                  Circe''s Island is one I totally forgot about. It was not one I included though I'm not sure how much weird stuff would likely be left there it'd still be fun.
                  Prospero's island has charms too. It's easy to see Prospero as a failed Demigod that decided it was more worthwhile being human and Sycorax as a heroine that failed to achieve Demigod status. Caliban could seek to succeed were his mother and disastrous foster father failed. Maybe Miranda, now middle aged with her sons ruling Milan and Naples, might have returned to the island on the same quest.

Comment

Prospero's island has charms too. It's easy to see Prospero as a failed Demigod that decided it was more worthwhile being human and Sycorax as a heroine that failed to achieve Demigod status. Caliban could seek to succeed were his mother and disastrous foster father failed. Maybe Miranda, now middle aged with her sons ruling Milan and Naples, might have returned to the island on the same quest.
                    The Tempest right? That’s one I never read. What gender is Ariel in The Tempest? Like I know Pope’s Ariel in Rape of the Lock is a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

The Tempest right? That’s one I never read. What gender is Ariel in The Tempest? Like I know Pope’s Ariel in Rape of the Lock is a girl.
                      Ariel is beyond gender. Ariel is an airy spirit that takes both male and female forms. Gender fluid doesn't begin to cover it. And yes I'm referring to the Tempest one of my two favorite Shakespeare plays. My mom read to us out of tales from Shakespeare when I was small. With many of those plays I've known them so long I can't fully understand not knowing them.

Comment

Ariel is beyond gender. Ariel is an airy spirit that takes both male and female forms. Gender fluid doesn't begin to cover it. And yes I'm referring to the Tempest one of my two favorite Shakespeare plays. My mom read to us out of tales from Shakespeare when I was small. With many of those plays I've known them so long I can't fully understand not knowing them.
                        Genderfluid. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X