Scion Atlantis Visuals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion Atlantis Visuals

So I want to make the 'Atlantis Returns' chronicle with help of Scion 2E Companion - Mysteries of the World (MotW). As there was great Mage: the Awakening (MtAw) book for making pulp 'temples' called Secrets of the Ruined Temple (SoRT), I extract stuff from this. In last book there is mentioned Stargate SG-1 TV series as inspirations - and now I rewatch SG-1. Question - How much Stargate ascetic works with Atlantean Pantheon from MotW? Should Atlantis Realms look like this - or maybe other imaginary?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

From how Atlantis in Mysteries of the World is described, I would go even further back than Stargate. Go for Impossibly Advanced but with designs that evoke an ancient aesthetic. Lots of crystals, shining clouds of nanotech in the workshop.

And when all else fails, look at the Protoss from Starcraft. Lots of curved designs, elegant golden color scheme, gleaming crystals of immense power.

Granted that's entirely from my brain.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Going by Protoss idea by Kyman, I think about general themes and motifs of Atlantean Pantheons - like, that their whole myth tell that they come from black void. Instead on the island, I would put Theros on lonely 'land' ( planet? ) in great vacuum of space. As I plan Atlanteans to come back to Earth in my chronicle, they would be locked in some far space realm - something like Ancients spaceship Destiny in Stargate: Universe TV series. The whole 'Atlantis' would be colony that run away not on Earth - but to the deep stars. And now, they finally return to Earth...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
      X