Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    Now, what's 'Short range' for a giant?
    Are not Giants have - by definition - Size Scale to make their Ranges larger?

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    I would (and always do) discourage using exact meterage for Scion. I honestly wouldn't recommend using a battle grid of any sort.
    So use only Discord then and 'Mind's Eye' of yours. I do like tactical fights, from time to time.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Are not Giants have - by definition - Size Scale to make their Ranges larger?
      Size Scale doesn't make Range Bands longer. It's just that "Bigger things have bigger size ranges"

Size Scale gives Enhancement on certain actions, because Scale is a mechanic. What is Short range for a Giant may be Medium for a human, but that's not a function of Scale.

And you can get VERY tactical in Scion. Just not in the way a Battle Grid in any way helps. Scion has no flanking mechanics, no real benefit for positioning, no real need to count out exact meterage.

Tactical fights in Scion will be less "So if our Loki Scion moves here then we can get a +1 Enhancement Flanking bonus from their Sneak Attack", it will be "So we'll let our Scion of Persephone go first, and she'll use that Fertility Boon to give the Giant cancer of the everything, which will negate his bonus successes from his Scale. After that we can have our Zeus Scion use a Blessing on our Durga Scion, who then makes a killshot with their bow."

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

I run Scion on Roll20 but it's largely just because of the sheets and the dice rollers. They allow everything to be easily stored within the game, along with fun images. The game isn't really built for set out grids. That's largely best left to theatre of the mind. Whereas D&D and similar games make 'where you are on the grid' tactically important, yeah, Kyman's pretty much nailed it on the head in the previous post about what Scion tactics largely look like.

Comment

I run TC:Aeon on Roll20, and I use the screen mostly to show a picture I stole off the internet to represent the place they're at and to move tokens in and out of a box to represent the momentum pool.

Comment

I play Scion and run Trinity Continuum on Roll20 mainly to have a place to hold all sheets and roll the dice (sometimes draw some references), as we use Discord to do all the rest (talk, send images and hand outs).

It works fine, even with a simple Scion sheet to handle all the kinds of characters (so far, Origin, Heroes, Talents and Novas).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

One good use I have of the screen in Roll20 is to put up lists of the different Stunts available in combat as well as the options for Marvels. That has helped my players do their combat rounds quicker and smoother.

Comment

Having a visual representation of the momentum and tension pool using tokens helped alot as well.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
                  One good use I have of the screen in Roll20 is to put up lists of the different Stunts available in combat as well as the options for Marvels. That has helped my players do their combat rounds quicker and smoother.
                  Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                  Having a visual representation of the momentum and tension pool using tokens helped alot as well.
                  Oh, how do you do those!? Stunts list as Handout or Macros? How to put Momentum as physical tokens in Roll20? Very cool things you propose here!

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I found image for plain circles (gold for momentum and black for tension) then i have them as tokens on the "board".
                    Playing physically on a table i would definitely use tokens (or dices) to show the pools as well since i found it helps alot for the players to see the points in the pool.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les L├ęgendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

The list of stunts was nothing special, I just made text boxes on the Roll20 screen and wrote down the Stunts for Close Combat, Ranged, Throwing etc. It was tedious but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
                        I just made text boxes on the Roll20 screen and wrote down the Stunts for Close Combat, Ranged, Throwing etc.
                        Like this one hack? https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/43...ing-text-boxes

LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                          Yes, though I put the text in boxes of different colors to make them easier on the eye.

Comment

I've been running Scion in roll20 and the sheet someone made for it is great for PC's.

The sheet has a spot for Momentum, but since that is a shared resource between everyone I just use a token for Momentum that everyone can update.

When using Momentum the sheet doesn't have a way to add dice to a roll, so we either find a Skill + Attribute combo that adds up the size of the pool we want, or roll a second time for Momentum.

For Storyguide characters I found it helpful to create the four antagonist templates, then I make a copy and rename things when I'm building individual antagonists.

I used the Attributes & Abilities tab and added Abilities for their dice pools. I created an Ability for their Primary, Secondary, Desperation, and Initiative pool. I also added an Attribute for Health.

This is the macro I used for their Abilities
                            &{template:default} {{name=Foe}} {{Primary Pool=[[{7d10!10}>8]]}}
                            You can change the name and names of the roll, so for a real antagonist it would look like
                            &{template:default} {{name=Elatus}} {{Magic, Scheming=[[{9d10!10}>8]]}}
                            Be careful about accidently deleting a { when updating the names, the roll will probably work but the formatting gets all wonky.

If you click the 'Show as Token Action' checkbox for an Ability you can see their pools as buttons you can press when you have the token selected. So you can just click on the antagonist, see the names of their pools, and hit a button.

I'm not super good with the roll20 macros, so I just eyeball Enhancement and add it to the roll afterwards (or as is often the case, forget to).

When you click on one of the buttons to roll it'll show the name of the antagonist and the successes. It doesn't know how to handle a botch, but it will flag the result in red if there are 1's in the roll. So a 0 with a red border means a botch.

Hope this helps! I've found it really easy to manage antagonists like this.

Comment

I'm tinkering on the Roll20 sheet to make fork of it, with Antagonists section added. I only need to resolve the hiding part, to cover Antagonists section on PCs variants - and show it on Antagonists.

LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Awesome! Yeah, I'd say the big wants would be an option for Antagonists, and a way to add extra dice to a player roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X