[2E] How long each Tier should take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] How long each Tier should take?

For example, how many sessions would take Origin characters to become Hero level ones? At minimum?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Depends on the projected time scale of gameplay and the desired rate of progression. If you have 12 sessions and the group wants to do the current full run from Origin to Demigod with decent exploration of each tier, you have four sessions Pre-Visitation, four as a Hero, and four as a Demigod. If you have 52 sessions, and people do want to eventually move onto Hero but aren't in a rush for it, could be anywhere from maybe 26 sessions to 51 sessions before switching to Hero.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I directly mean minimum math on each Tier - all I need for mechanical next change of Tiers is only coming from Legend 0 till Legend 1 to change from Origin to Hero?
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 10-28-2020, 03:05 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The only thing that even remotely limits how long to spend at Origin level is wanting to avoid character starting to get same-y. Origin level characters don't have a lot of spend XP on, so in a longer game following the recommended XP rates, you're probably going to want to get to Hero before that's an issue.

-------

There is no mechanical requirements for moving from Origin to Hero. Scions just need to get their Visitations to activate their divine status.
        Last edited by Heavy Arms; 10-28-2020, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          There is no mechanical requirements for moving from Origin to Hero. Scions just need to get their Visitations to activate their divine status.
          No need to buy by XP the Legend 1 trait to come to Hero?

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Legend doesn't cost XP to raise. It goes up based on Deeds.

Comment

What is calculation by Deeds then? Cause my book-fu is weak. ๐Ÿ˜”

LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Complete one Short-term Deed, one Long-term Deed, and one Band Deed to increase in Legend. This makes calculating the minimum number of sessions difficult.

Comment

Every dot in legend costs 1 short term, 1 long term and 1 band deed.

It can be done in 1 session, but usually itโ€™s an entire story that may take longer. Honestly, Origin tier worth about the same as 1 dot of legend + visitation from patron god (the visitation itself is not more than a scene for each character, if happen durring play).

My group took 8 sessions (I think, I was not part of the group when they started) to get to Legend 1 and we are currently between session 3 and 4 of Legend 1.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                  Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                  Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Long story short, this is not a thing you can just math away. It really depends on how you and your group plays it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
                    X