Any Idea for better Tuatha Titans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Nah, people were coming up with WAY creepier cosmic-horror adjacent stuff long before Lovecraft was a sparkle in his parents' eyes.
    Cool. Thanks.

In the Dresden Files the aquatic villain group who turns out to be the Big Bad behind a lot of the bad stuff are called the Fomor and are bitter enemies of both the Summer and Winter Court fae.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

I actually heard about the whole "Aquatic Fomorians" thing. It may well have started from a mistranslation that most Academics in Celtic Studies don't take seriously anymore.

This was reinforced by some people is that there's references that the Fomorians come from "Beneath", and some assume it meant "Beneath the sea"

The thing is, it's just... Beneath. A sort of ominous not-here that exists below the surface. When the Milisans beat the Tuatha in their war, the Tuatha were banished Beneath Ireland. They weren't kicked into the sea, they were just banished Beneath Ireland.

The Fomorians aren't aquatic fish-folk in the classical sources. Some of them look misshapen, some have the motif of One Eye, One Hand, One Foot, but most of them map to Basically Humanoid, like the Tuatha. The 'Aquatic Fomor' is a pretty recent take, TBH.

(I like Butcher but he takes... LIBERTIES)

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Who is Butcher? An Author?

Comment

Jim Butcher, author of The Dresden Files. They are most excellent reads.

Comment

The Dresden Files is fun junk food literature but again... Liberties. If you go in knowing "This is probably not really accurate to much" you'll probably have fun.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
              The Dresden Files is fun junk food literature but again... Liberties. If you go in knowing "This is probably not really accurate to much" you'll probably have fun.
              Thank you. I kinda figured he took a few liberties with the source material.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Working...
              X