X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krat05
    started a topic Scion Q & A

Scion Q & A

So I've been coming up with a number of questions regarding Scion 2e & I've decided to start a thread focusing on them. If anyone has any questions they want to ask, you can absolutely post them on this thread if you want to. The below link is attached links to what I believe is the first Scion 2e question I asked, & the link after that is for the second. Later posts will feature the questions that I've thought of since.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ons-a-question

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...scions-virtues

• Mugbearer23
    replied
    Thanks.

Seems a bit unbalanced since the Awareness Innate powers are not that OP so i wasnt quite sure if i understood it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    If they get one they don’t get the other, they are the exception, but yet they get one innate power.

Leave a comment:

• Mugbearer23
    replied
    Does this also go for Mythos Scions? I mean based on the preview Manuscripts it seems like they can only ever acquire one Innate power.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mugbearer23 View Post
    On a nother note does anyone know if Relics that grant purviews also grant the associated innate powers?
    Yes. If you have access to the purview you always get the associated innate power.

Leave a comment:

• Mugbearer23
    replied
    The correct Callings of Fujin are Destroyer Leader Primeval.

On a nother note does anyone know if Relics that grant purviews also grant the associated innate powers?

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    So I was just reading through Scion: Titanomachy & I noticed something that didn't fit.
    Fūjin's Callings are listed as "Destroyer, Fortune, Primeval".
    The problem here is that Fortune is a Purview, not a Calling.
    So my question is: what would be an appropriate Calling to slot in here? Me, I'm thinking either Guardian or Warrior based on his write up, but I was wondering whether anyone else had any better ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sakii View Post
    If i play a solo game, should i increase the number of active knacks that a scion can have active at the same time?
    Depends on the feel you want for the game. I probably would adjust the antagonists and obstacles down in power a bit rather than adding knacks. That lets me as SG fine-tune things easier.

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by ElBrotherMouse View Post

Long story short, the many folk characters that influenced Santa Claus are all based on Odin in some manner. Hell the eight reindeer of Santa's sleigh are an evolution of Odin's eight hooved steed Sleipnir. I was writing a Scion fan fiction and I was doing a christmas special bit with Odin as Santa. Wanted to whip up some homebrew for the threads I post it in. Badass Santa is always awesome IMO.
    Ok, I did not know that. I've always considered Santa Claus a mashup of Christian and British pagan mythology, especially Father Christmas from England.

Odin and Santa Claus seem like complete polar opposites as characters. But maybe that's why Odin is such a grumpy and mean person in mythology; he extracted and isolated every little fragment of generousity and kindness into one of his mantles.

Leave a comment:

• TheStray7
    replied
    Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

What's the connection to Odin? My Santa Claus lore is quite murky but isn't Santa Claus originally a Christian Saint from Anatolia or something that got transmuted into Santa Claus of today by Coca Cola?

The Callings and Purviews are perfect though. Maybe he should have some sort of ability to see if people have been good or bad as well?

If you stat out Santa then you should probably have Krampus there as well.
    Here's a more in-depth rundown of the connections between Odin and Santa.

https://sonsofvikings.com/blogs/hist...ule-traditions

Oh, and if you really want some Scion flavor, here's Santa as a Scion, written by the guy who wrote The Wizard of Oz books

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Li...of_Santa_Claus

It even got one of those Rankin Bass stop-motion adaptions!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Li...us_(1985_film)
    Last edited by TheStray7; 12-24-2020, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ElBrotherMouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

What's the connection to Odin? My Santa Claus lore is quite murky but isn't Santa Claus originally a Christian Saint from Anatolia or something that got transmuted into Santa Claus of today by Coca Cola?

The Callings and Purviews are perfect though. Maybe he should have some sort of ability to see if people have been good or bad as well?

Long story short, the many folk characters that influenced Santa Claus are all based on Odin in some manner. Hell the eight reindeer of Santa's sleigh are an evolution of Odin's eight hooved steed Sleipnir. I was writing a Scion fan fiction and I was doing a christmas special bit with Odin as Santa. Wanted to whip up some homebrew for the threads I post it in. Badass Santa is always awesome IMO.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

There is community content about Christmas Pantheon, on real world Christmas figures Santa Claus, Père Noël, Krampus, the Yule Lads, or Frau Holle ( and few more ). It's even Pay What You Want.
    That is actually good to know, may just pick it up after christmas. NGL I am very tempted to run a Christmas in July adventure for my own scion game. Well, if my group even gets to that. Hell I could probably fit it in as the next adventure of my Scion: Atlantis (as in the disney movie) pulp themed chronicle.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Alright, I'm feeling festive af right now and I wanted to make Santa Claus (As a mantle of Odin)
    There is community content about Christmas Pantheon, on real world Christmas figures Santa Claus, Père Noël, Krampus, the Yule Lads, or Frau Holle ( and few more ). It's even Pay What You Want.

Leave a comment:

• Aristarkos
    replied
    Alright, I'm feeling festive af right now and I wanted to make Santa Claus (As a mantle of Odin) Didn't feel it was right to make an entire new thread for a single homebrew thing but I didn't know where else to post this.

Santa Claus (Mantle of Odin)
    Callings: Creator, Guardian, Liminal
    Purviews: Passion (Joy), Frost, Journeys, Artistry, Forge

Good, Bad, Fugly, how is it?

Leave a comment:

• ElBrotherMouse
    replied
    Alright, I'm feeling festive af right now and I wanted to make Santa Claus (As a mantle of Odin) Didn't feel it was right to make an entire new thread for a single homebrew thing but I didn't know where else to post this.

Santa Claus (Mantle of Odin)
    Callings: Creator, Guardian, Liminal
    Purviews: Passion (Joy), Frost, Journeys, Artistry, Forge

Good, Bad, Fugly, how is it?

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    The Shen in 1e had this "caseworker" option for making Scions. Will this option be making a comeback at some point in 2e?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X