No announcement yet.

Character Creation Scion 2E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Knacks are Knacks when buying them, in the char gen or when spending XP.
    Immortal knacks only count as 2 Heroic knacks when activating them, that’s how I read it.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      All Knacks are Knacks when buying them, in the char gen or when spending XP.
      Immortal knacks only count as 2 Heroic knacks when activating them, that’s how I read it.

Really? Because it doesn't seem like it:

"For each Calling, choose a number of Heroic Knacks equal to the Calling’s rating; while they can learn more, they may only have as many active as they have Calling dots. Alternately, you may choose a single Immortal Knack instead of two Heroic Knacks for any Calling two dots or higher. If your character is also a creature of Legend, they replace one Calling with one appropriate to their nature."

This suggests to me that it costs two "knack slots" to buy an Immortal Knack at character generation.

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

Originally posted by TheStray7 View Post

Really? Because it doesn't seem like it:

"For each Calling, choose a number of Heroic Knacks equal to the Calling’s rating; while they can learn more, they may only have as many active as they have Calling dots. Alternately, you may choose a single Immortal Knack instead of two Heroic Knacks for any Calling two dots or higher. If your character is also a creature of Legend, they replace one Calling with one appropriate to their nature."

This suggests to me that it costs two "knack slots" to buy an Immortal Knack at character generation.
        That's how I read it as well.

Comment

Same, but it appears when it comes to spending XP, all knacks cost the same. So, if you want an immortal knack, maybe wait until you can buy it in-game.

Comment

Yeah, the book definitley intends for Immortal Knacks to "cost" two Herioic Knacks at character creation.

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
            Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: The Fall of Jiara
            Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

10. Origin Tier creation - Am I reading it correctly here - Beside 6/4/2 dots in Attributes, characters also gets +2 dots in all of his Favored Approach ones? Not the +2 dots to spread among Favored Approach Atributes - only +2 dots for 3 Attrubutes, i.e. +6 dots?
              'A player distributes two additional dots to each of the Attributes in his Favored Approach.'

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                10. Origin Tier creation - Am I reading it correctly here - Beside 6/4/2 dots in Attributes, characters also gets +2 dots in all of his Favored Approach ones? Not the +2 dots to spread among Favored Approach Atributes - only +2 dots for 3 Attrubutes, i.e. +6 dots?
                'A player distributes two additional dots to each of the Attributes in his Favored Approach.'

Yep, the favored approach gives an extra 6 dots of attributes.

I suggest picking approach before assigning the 6/4/2 becuase if you don't do that, you're likely to exceed 5 dots then have to reassign them anyway.

You get a lot of dots of attriburtes in Storypath, and that's OK. The way the rules work, it encourages you to mostly be rolling polls with a lot of dice. That's part of what's very different from Storyteller and Storytelling systems. The roll drama gets more into what complications do you buy off or not and what stunts do you purchase with excess successes. It's not stated in the book, but the design intention is for most rolls (outside of combat) to come with a complication or two.

Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

11. Origin Tier - Is there a way for character to become better in combat without rising Close Combat skill and Attributes? Like learning some Knacks or things I missed in book? Beside of character being of Guardian or similar Calling - as you can only have one Calling on Origin. In CoD you would take a Merit or two for that...

I have NPC in mind that should not be overkiller in Skills or Attributes - but maybe could learn a trick or two, simply by expierance. But character is strictly Trickster Calling to begin with...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

11. Origin Tier - Is there a way for character to become better in combat without rising Close Combat skill and Attributes? Like learning some Knacks or things I missed in book? Beside of character being of Guardian or similar Calling - as you can only have one Calling on Origin. In CoD you would take a Merit or two for that...

I have NPC in mind that should not be overkiller in Skills or Attributes - but maybe could learn a trick or two, simply by expierance. But character is strictly Trickster Calling to begin with...

Antagonists do not use the same creation rules a player characters. Take a look at the Qualities on page 146 of Origin and the Flares starting page 149. Dice pools are set by the Archetype (p. 145) instead of Skill + Attribute. It's a lot easier to set up antagonists this way.

Comment

I agree with Elfspeaker about using the Antagonist rules. They're baller.

If you're dead set on statting the character out like a PC and not already throwing around +3 enhancement on your attacks, you have a couple of options. First, you can try to figure out some specialties which would be applicable to close combat attacks. Maybe your Larceny specialty of Misdirection or Sleight of Hand is used with deceptive movements to hide your true attack. Also, bring friends. Even if they don't attack, they can use Teamwork (pg. 65) to have them give enhancements to the main attacker.

Comment

11. Origin Tier - Is there a way for character to become better in combat without rising Close Combat skill and Attributes? Like learning some Knacks or things I missed in book? Beside of character being of Guardian or similar Calling - as you can only have one Calling on Origin.
                        Not really. Scion is pretty focused in the legend growth and not much in the horizontal development of the character (this “small details” drop to insignificant when you add scale as often as Scion can do). If the idea is to play only Origin tier you could import the Edges from TC and DRE, or trademarks from TCF and allow characters to use it.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Antagonist is one, main enemy of this chronicle - that is also secretly ( to him ) another Scion. Book pointed to stat those as normal characters, so I stat him as normal Scion character. Will look into Specializations and maybe some Equipment Enhancments then. MAYBE will steal one or two Egdes, specificlly for him, if wil have time.
                          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-10-2021, 06:18 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

You could also create your own Trickster knacks.

Comment

Antagonist is one, main enemy of this chronicle - that is also secretly ( to him ) another Scion. Book pointed to stat thos as normal characters, so I stat him as normal Scion character. Will look into Specializations and maybe some Equipment Enhancments then. MAYBE will still one or two Egdes, specificlly for him, if wil have time.

Per the examples in Titanomachy, you can definitely stat Scions uses the antagonist rules.

Comment

EDIT: Moving question to next page of topic, for ease.
                                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-10-2021, 09:22 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X