No announcement yet.

Character Creation Scion 2E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't stap up antagonists the way you would a PC... It's a lot more work that isn't really going to improve your game. There's a couple of Scion Antagonists example starting at page 297 of Hero - one of Divus Iulius and one of Anansi - that would be a good starting point.
    In fact, checking that right now, there's a whole section on handling exactly that!
    We can hear you saying it now: “Hold on, there’s an entire book before this section that tells you how to
    make a Scion!” And you’re right, there is! If you intend to keep an Antagonist Scion around and make them
    a major part of the story, using the Character Creation system to build them and the Advancement system
    to maintain and improve them is an entirely reasonable thing to do.
    But the Antagonist system can handle Scions, and it can handle them fairly easily. Knacks translate
    well to Qualities, and Boons translate well to Flairs (in the above example, Knacks and Boons have been
    italicized for clarity). Both obey the same rules as if a player character were using them, replacing Legend
    with Tension if needed. Imbued Tension is set aside and reclaimed with the effect’s end, as usual. If a roll is
    called for, use the most appropriate pool, or default to the Desperation Pool if none fit.
    You’ll note the addition of Callings and Purviews to the typical Antagonist sheet. Callings are included
    for Fatebinding and any other effects the Storyguide may wish to emulate. Purviews, meanwhile, may be
    used to create marvels as usual, replacing Tension for Legend.
    If you’re using the Antagonist system to create a Scion, don’t worry too much about trying to match up
    to expectations of a player-character Scion. From the players’ perspective, you’re rolling dice and making
    strange effects go off, just as usual. The goal is, after all, to make less work for the Storyguide.

Comment

12. Origin to Hero Tier - So I need to upgrade my antagonist to Hero level now ( story reasons ). What are extra steps to add from Origin character to make her Hero then? The SCCQR would imply those steps:
      1. Give Legend 1.
      2. Add 2 more Callings, to 3 in total. 1 Calling need to comes from God Patron.
      3. Assign 5 dots to Callings, minimum 1 for each Calling.
      4. Add Knacks - Heroic cost 1, Immortal cost 2 in Callings dots.
      5. Define 1 Legendary Title ( reflecting Visitation events ).
      6. Distribute 7 Birthrights dots.
      7. Gain Pantheon Purview and 1 of your Patron God Purviews.
      8. Pick 2 Boons from your Purviews.
      I'm getting it right? Not missing anything?
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-13-2021, 12:15 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

If you're making an Antagonist Scion, you should really just use the Antagonist rules in the back of the book. For an Antagonist Scion, you'll mostly need:

1. Their Archetype
        2. Snag some Qualities and Flairs
        3. Maybe make notes of what their Relics do, broadly (this one gives Enhancement, this one gives the Darkness Purview)
        4. To activate Marvels of their Purviews, spend Tension instead of Legend.

Boom, done.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

I strongly advise to read A Pain in the Dice - Guide to Scion Character Creation

Q: Pre-Visitation Scions don't have Legend points to imbue or spend, so: if they get a Purview by Guide or Relic means, how do they use it? Do they get the innate power?

The Repository

Comment

At best, I'd say they get the innate power, but I'd probably say they don't get anything. Birthrights are tied to a character's Legend, and Origin characters don't have a Legend yet.

Comment

I would say - They can use how the story unfolds, seeing how it's all powered by Fate. So, Storyguide discretion, really. When they get Legend, it's players decision.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Birthrights are not tied to character legend. At least to the legend dots. An origin character can have birthright dots since char gen.

If it was up to me, I would give access to the innate powers, as they are free, but notice that some innate powers are useless for example the ones that allow you to imbue legend instead of spending to gain scale.

it would be really interesting story, for example a shield that make you shine, or an guide that teach you how to see and talk to dead people.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                  Birthrights are not tied to character legend. At least to the legend dots. An origin character can have birthright dots since char gen.

If it was up to me, I would give access to the innate powers, as they are free, but notice that some innate powers are useless for example the ones that allow you to imbue legend instead of spending to gain scale.

it would be really interesting story, for example a center that make you shine, or an guide that teach you how to see and talk to dead people.
                  Yes I can see fluff-wise how it could be cool, I'm wondering if it's stated with a decent degree of disambiguation anywhere

The Repository

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                    From Hero p.201: "When the Visitation occurs, many Gods grant their children Birthrights, powerful tokens of their esteem that become tied to the Scion’s Legend." It's up to your own interpretation as to what that means, but they do use the phrase.

Also, there are no Birthrights in the Origin character creation process. If the SG wants to give the characters Birthrights, that's up to the SG, but RAW, they don't get Birthrights.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                      Also, there are no Birthrights in the Origin character creation process. If the SG wants to give the characters Birthrights, that's up to the SG, but RAW, they don't get Birthrights.
                      Origin, p. 98: "Each player character receives five extra Skill dots, an extra Attribute dot, and either two additional Knacks or four points of Birthrights (see Scion: Hero p. 201) at character creation."

Comment

Origin p.98
                        “Each player character receives five extra Skill dots, an extra Attribute dot, and either two additional Knacks or four points of Birthrights (see Scion: Hero p. 201) at character creation.”

Edit: Geoffrey was faster... but he replied while I was copping, so I didn’t saw his post until after I posted...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Bardiel View Post

Yes I can see fluff-wise how it could be cool, I'm wondering if it's stated with a decent degree of disambiguation anywhere
                          Nothing in the books. The only reference I can recall was one dev answering in the forum with something like: Origin characters get no purviews from birthrights.

Comment

Wow, I missed that. I would still say, though, the best you could do is get the innate power since you have no Legend to power anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                              Wow, I missed that. I would still say, though, the best you could do is get the innate power since you have no Legend to power anything else.

That's the way I'd go, too. I don't see much wrong with an Origin-level character having a ring that makes them immune to fire or a belt that makes them stronger than normal. They can grow into the other powers later.

Comment

Yeah, I'd probably let an Origin character use the innate ability of a Purview if it didn't require imbuing Legend.

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
                                Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: The Fall of Jiara
                                Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

Working...
                                X