Character Creation Scion 2E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Nothing in the books. The only reference I can recall was one dev answering in the forum with something like: Origin characters get no purviews from birthrights.
    That'd be weird, since it's stated in Origin creation chapter
    Could we @ a dev on this?

The Repository

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Bardiel View Post

That'd be weird, since it's stated in Origin creation chapter
      Could we @ a dev on this?
      A birthright can grant knacks, stunts and situational enhancements, what is not available to regular people, that’s what a birthright could do at origin level. My origin character, for example, had a magical sword that had a lot of enhancements and the motif “can cut anything”, but gave no other effects, at least until he become quero and gained a purview (Journey in the case, because he could open portals to other places by cutting reality open).

I still think that the innate power of the purview would be available to an origin level character, as well as any other power as long the character can use a sacrifice to gain one point of legend and spend it immediately. For example, a staff that allows to see the dead could be used in a ceremony (an specific sacrifice) to cast a Death Marvel. That would give the item a importance in the game and to a cult that works around it, for example a cult leader that can summon spirits, or a artisan that have a magical hammer that allow him to do offers to the gods to create powerful items.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

A birthright can grant knacks, stunts and situational enhancements, what is not available to regular people, that’s what a birthright could do at origin level. My origin character, for example, had a magical sword that had a lot of enhancements and the motif “can cut anything”, but gave no other effects, at least until he become quero and gained a purview (Journey in the case, because he could open portals to other places by cutting reality open).

I still think that the innate power of the purview would be available to an origin level character, as well as any other power as long the character can use a sacrifice to gain one point of legend and spend it immediately. For example, a staff that allows to see the dead could be used in a ceremony (an specific sacrifice) to cast a Death Marvel. That would give the item a importance in the game and to a cult that works around it, for example a cult leader that can summon spirits, or a artisan that have a magical hammer that allow him to do offers to the gods to create powerful items.
        This is really useful. I kind of forgot about the sacrifices, and I agree on everything

The Repository

Comment

Working...
        X