Scion & Mage:The Awakening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seeker1728 View Post
    My group's interest in MTAW was largely based in they liked the theme of it much better than MTAC's (i.e. pursuing mysteries, risks of hubris, pursuit of power, etc), the Ascension War was never much of a hit with them.
    There's even a pretty good "risk of power" hook built in with Fatebindings, even moreso once you get into Demigod territory.

You discovered ancient mysteries revealing to you a relic granting you a purview, but in the process you are now Fatebound to Minotaur as your Nemesis, mix and match as desired.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

There's even a pretty good "risk of power" hook built in with Fatebindings, even moreso once you get into Demigod territory.

You discovered ancient mysteries revealing to you a relic granting you a purview, but in the process you are now Fatebound to Minotaur as your Nemesis, mix and match as desired.
      MoroseMorgan I'm embarrassed to admit I hadn't thought of a Fatebind taking place like that, you gave me a nuance to be mindful of. Much thanks!

Reality is a matter of perception, challenging one's own or that of others is not a crime, it is a service.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a big XoD or Mage person, but the machinations of Fate sound like a reasonable analog to Paradox, if that is even from the same Mage.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

In Mage the Ascension, Paradox is reality pushing back against the mage. In Mage the Awakening, Paradox is the magic running wild when the mage attempts to do too much. As I think I said earlier, those two games and Scion each have their own specialities; and Fate is very much Scion's counterpart to the other two games' Paradox.

Comment

Working...
          X