Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense enchancement

Hello guys!

A player on my game asked me yestarday, if he could create a birthright with enchancement on his defense. I didnt see anything on game so far to improve defense like that, im kinda afraid to broke the game. So what you guys think that birthright is not a big deal? Or defense is not suppose to get enchancement?

Yup you can have an enhancement on any standard rolls, so defende would definitely work.

In addition you could also justify making a feat of scale and gaining scale with your defense roll.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Soft Armor is something you can gain through a Birthright and is basically an Enhancement to Defence since it increases the amount of successes you need to Hurt someone. So you could tell your player that.

Comment

That would depend on what the relic is tho.
        If its an armor or piece of clothing then extra soft armor would be a good idea.
        But if its a sword or something similar then soft armor could be a weird fot (tho not impossible either)

Hm rereading the OP post, you just say birthright.
        Do you mean relic or are yoy also asking if a Guide could give enhancement on the defense roll?
        (The answer would be i think itd be fine for a guide stunt to give a enhancement bonus for the next x defense rolls)

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Trinity have the Shield weapon tag that add 1 enhancement to defense rolls, it may be used for shields or weapons designed to defense, like main gauche. So, it opens precedence to using a weapon as defensive tool. Also, Shields are called weapons in many references, defensive weapons, but weapons.

But you can consider the enhancement granted by relics to apply to defense rolls (in this case not applying to other uses). A generic enhancement would apply to all defense rolls, and a specific enhancement only to some attacks (ranged or close combat, for example).

The motif can be like the Cloths of Saint Seya, giving speed to the knight, or as a divine force field around them, it’s up to the fluffy desired.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
            That would depend on what the relic is tho.
            If its an armor or piece of clothing then extra soft armor would be a good idea.
            But if its a sword or something similar then soft armor could be a weird fot (tho not impossible either)

Hm rereading the OP post, you just say birthright.
            Do you mean relic or are yoy also asking if a Guide could give enhancement on the defense roll?
            (The answer would be i think itd be fine for a guide stunt to give a enhancement bonus for the next x defense rolls)
            Yeah, he asked me about a relic like a armor to help him on defende by enchancement.

Thanks guys, i was only sorrires to break the sistem somehow, thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X