Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scion Dragon & Masks of Mythos Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dragon have this two aspects, one is the setting description, where you can’t relieve your power to avoid became the target of the fatebenders, in the other side you have, well, dragons, and they are quite powerful. If you kick the setting part out, the Heirs are pretty much Heroic, in the traditional sense of the word.

    You could play Concil Of Wyrms (check link below) style of game easily. Yes you start at human form, what would be limiting, but once you become a lesser Wyrm you are good to go. Even more if you put the gods a bit more distant, and have only to deal with demigods and heroes.

    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...il-Of-Wyrms-2e


    House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

    Comment


    • Yeah, most of the restrictions seem to be there so, as promised, Scion: Dragon doesn't totally upend everything as presented in the main Scion book. (The Mythos book seems to have a similar restriction.)

      But even then, there's also absolutely nothing stopping you from disregarding this and rapidly investing your XP into Draconic transformation knacks to just Literally Be A Dragon. A small two-person game I'm participating in to test the manuscript has my Heir as a gang boss who has been accumulating followers thanks to Brutal Might + Massive Beast Shape and using Pack Alpha after utterly laying waste to whatever leaders the rival gang used to have. She is not very subtle, although so far I've had her still tend to act from the shadows and only hulk out against either unreliable witnesses or people she intends to sway in any case, so the rumors spread and the idea that "the leader of this bunch is, like, ten meters tall and crushed an SUV like a soda can!" can be safely dismissed by the public as exaggeration and hearsay.

      Comment


      • I'll probably change setting a bit to be more friendly to dragons. It's got plenty of room for all sorts of different crazy mythological creatures. No reason I can't just make a little more room for dragons.

        Comment


        • I just realized; Dragon is an excellent way to play Scion: Evil Genius 2.

          "Mwahahahaha! Yes, when the doomsday device is complete, I shall rule the world at the right hand of my forebears - excuse me, we have secret agents in the base, let me arm the trap..."


          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hark View Post
            I'll probably change setting a bit to be more friendly to dragons. It's got plenty of room for all sorts of different crazy mythological creatures. No reason I can't just make a little more room for dragons.
            If you make it more Shadowrun, dragons became the big guns in the setting, and the gods become the ones working from behind using their worshipers, Heroes and Demigods. That is an option that would allow you to put out more power as a dragon, much like you can do as a Hero in regular Scion.

            Edit: Also, Shadowrun has a dragon mafia, doesn’t it? Totally fits in the idea of Dragon as a bunch of big bullies, some with magical powers, some with brute force.
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 02-22-2021, 02:52 PM.


            House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Leliel View Post
              I just realized; Dragon is an excellent way to play Scion: Evil Genius 2.

              "Mwahahahaha! Yes, when the doomsday device is complete, I shall rule the world at the right hand of my forebears - excuse me, we have secret agents in the base, let me arm the trap..."
              You just found out my idea on the games Antagonists of chronicle. 😎


              My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

                If you make it more Shadowrun, dragons became the big guns in the setting, and the gods become the ones working from behind using their worshipers, Heroes and Demigods. That is an option that would allow you to put out more power as a dragon, much like you can do as a Hero in regular Scion.

                Edit: Also, Shadowrun has a dragon mafia, doesn’t it? Totally fits in the idea of Dragon as a bunch of big bullies, some with magical powers, some with brute force.
                Shadowrun tends to evoke a, possibly unwarranted, negative reaction from me.

                I'm sure I can find a happy place somewhere between D&D and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Just rewatched Miss Kobayashi and was surprised how well it works.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hark View Post
                  Shadowrun tends to evoke a, possibly unwarranted, negative reaction from me.
                  I don't particularly like Shadowrun either but the way they fit dragons into the world is one of the few things they do that are actually kind of neat. I would almost consider doing something similar to that for Scion myself.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X