Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mugbearer23
    • Oct 2020

I hope the virtues of the Mythos Pantheon go along the lines of Sanity vs Enlightment.

It is in my opinion much like Leliel said the beings that form what is called the Mythos pantheon are much more like an hostile enviroment than anything else.

Altough that makes one wonder how a Demigod of this pantheon would act and if they are the ultimate true reality or only as true as every other reality in the world of scion.

After all their pantheon could only yesterday been created but due to nature of divinity no one would know.

Comment

• wyrdhamster
      • Dec 2013

Is it only my Dragon book compiled Preview Manuscript - or you also have some weird lines separations in the middle of sentence? Nothing like that was in separate chapter files...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• moonwolf8
        • Jan 2014

I recently; yesterday, found out about a series called The Weird of Hali by John Michael Greer. From the overview of the first book in the series: "caught up in a secret war between the servants of the Great Old Ones and their ancient enemies, a war in which yesterday's friend may be tomorrow's foe and nothing is as it seems. The history of the world is not what he has been taught—and the tentacles reaching out for him from the shadows of a forbidden past may hold not only his one chance of escape from the terrifying forces closing around him, but the last hope of life on Earth..." It seems that in this series the Elder gods are the oppressors and the Great Old Ones and their servants are the champions of the oppressed. Are there any plans for that kind of a storyline?

Comment

• moonwolf8
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Leviathan is from Judaism. Does this mean Dragon is drawing on monotheist religions? Or is he/it supposed to be the Canaanite Lotan?

There is a fascinating video on YouTube by a Mr. Mythos titled: "Evidence that YHVH was a Dragon". There is also "The Origins of Yahweh" by Atheologica that identifies Yahweh as having originally been a Midianite Volcano God.

Comment

• Dataweaver
            • Nov 2013

The latter is pretty much going to be a moot point unless it until such time as we get a Canaanite / midianite pantheon.

The YouTubers name is ironic, given the shared nature of this Kickstarter. I will have to look up that video.

Comment

• moonwolf8
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Unrelated: I'm looking over Mythos stuff in preparation for Masks of the Mythos, and I'm trying to think of a good writeup for Ithaqua after seeing Sandy Petersen's take on him. Because the thing about the Wind-Walker is that from the moment his storm manifests, he's there; he's just not quite as solid as other creatures, meaning he's absolutely unstoppable if he decides he wants to torment you, and he gets more and more stuff to do it with as his avatar stabilizes. That makes his presence wonderfully creepy, because you never stop being hunted. I'm also figuring out what makes a literal cannibal god a creature a sympathetic person can draw power from; I'm going for the idea that his distinct creation of wendigos comes from his desperation for a friend and having a child that surpasses him, making him among the most human of the Mythos - and the most inhuman, given the whole cannibal embodiment of outer space and frigid weather thing.

I've recently started reading The Weird of Hali series by John Michael Greer. In the Voyage to Hyperborea set in the same universe undead pirates see the Wind-Walker and consider him a bad omen. Greer sets Hyperborea in Greenland by the way. His big bad in the series is The Radiance; think Hunter the Vigil for the Mythos but gleefully willing to slaughter any other scions or titan-spawn they come across.

Comment

• Nyrufa
                • Nov 2013

When are these books coming out? Because the kickstarter page said they were already completed, and I'm seeing some videos of people playing them on youtube, but DriveThruRPG isn't selling them, yet.

Originally posted by Mugbearer23 View Post
                I hope the virtues of the Mythos Pantheon go along the lines of Sanity vs Enlightment.

What about making Nihilism one of their virtues?

Seeing as how a main theme of Lovecraft's writings is the idea that when faced with the truth of just how uncaring the universe is, humanity would inevitably succumb to madness and despair.
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 11-05-2021, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• thedonnie
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                  When are these books coming out? Because the kickstarter page said they were already completed, and I'm seeing some videos of people playing them on youtube, but DriveThruRPG isn't selling them, yet.
                  They could be using the manuscript from the Kickstarter. I know I ran an Aberrant game using the manuscript.

Also, to keep track of things, that is what the Monday Meeting Notes are. They tell you what is available and what is coming down the pipeline. Not to mention, check the main page of the website for them saying what is coming out, usually on Wednesdays.

Comment

Working...